what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
VTRDark

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by VTRDark »

Got the back end on my bike toady. Tomorrow it will be headers and cans and then piccies. Looks like I may have to bleed my clutch too as the lever has got all soft. That will teach me for not removing it.
==============================Enter the Darkside
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Just a wash and polish after cleaning all around the front sprocket. Gunky or what. Also bought a new Flip front helmet. Its for the days out stuff so i can have a coffee without taking me helmet off. They are heavier and a bit larger, but so good that you don't have to remove your helmet to fill up. I have the issue that once ear plugs are in and your comfy i don't want to take it off to fill up and have a drink etc. Iam also a handsome bugger and want some girls to notice :lol: I still have the normal one for a less than tankful blast, ( thats still 160 miles on the CBF)
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

bigtwinthing wrote:Just a wash and polish after cleaning all around the front sprocket. Gunky or what. Also bought a new Flip front helmet. Its for the days out stuff so i can have a coffee without taking me helmet off. They are heavier and a bit larger, but so good that you don't have to remove your helmet to fill up. I have the issue that once ear plugs are in and your comfy i don't want to take it off to fill up and have a drink etc. Iam also a handsome bugger and want some girls to notice :lol: I still have the normal one for a less than tankful blast, ( thats still 160 miles on the CBF)
such a modest man..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

bigtwinthing wrote:Just a wash and polish after cleaning all around the front sprocket. Gunky or what. Also bought a new Flip front helmet. Its for the days out stuff so i can have a coffee without taking me helmet off. They are heavier and a bit larger, but so good that you don't have to remove your helmet to fill up. I have the issue that once ear plugs are in and your comfy i don't want to take it off to fill up and have a drink etc. Iam also an ugly feker and want to scare some girls :lol: I still have the normal one for a less than tankful blast, ( thats still 160 miles on the CBF)
There fixed it for you...

On side note, went in to fill up at the Jet station on the way to work on Friday...Went in to pay...''we are going to have to ask you to remove your helmet from now on before filling up...'' Really ? Well I'll just have to take my business elsewhere then...

Been using that station for 10 years, cars, vans & bikes. It might only be 10 to 15 quid or so on the bike...but thats 3x's a week. It all adds up for the robbing basstad's... Stuff em I'll go somewhere else.

There is another one before them, it vaires in price but no more than a 1p a l & they fill it up for you & always say good morning !

Do you think I'll get away with wearing a burka over me lid ?
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

the age old lid issue, tbh I rarely get asked, but that might be because i'm an ugly fecker :lol: :lol: :lol: :(
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

I've fitted my >13 v LED alert thingy Bazza told me about. Sorted and tidied all my wiring connectors going into the battery. Where the Heated Grips and Sat nav were fitted was a mess. Ive used all new connectors, soldered and crimped and waterproofed. cable tied and then tested. All perfect. Test ride tomorrow night. Cornwall next week, yahoo.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Here we go some pics of my heap.Had fun and games fitting my exhaust today. I also put the good seat on I got from Lloyd. Only time will tell if the headers stay the same colour. Still have a few things to do before it goes for an MOT. FL switchgear needs replacing, new pads all round and a new rear disc really. Then it's just cosmetics and there is lot that needs doing there.

The exhaust sounds good and I will definitely need a friendly MOT man for them unless I can somehow make up some oval baffles. Maybe a crushed up beer can with some holes drilled through it poked down the ends :think: Why did Two Brothers have to make oval end caps, it wombles stupid. I still have the Arata end caps so when it comes to repack time I shall attempt to fit them instead. As much as I love the sound there are times when baffles are required.

bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

looking Good carl are we fitting in a Covant garden session before Oct?
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

If I have the bike up and in a legalised state. It would be good to catch up. I'm looking forward to sing the CBR. I have just started a new job too which is shift work so I shall have to fit in around that. 7am start tomorrow and I finish at 2. The next day I'm on a later shift and don't finish until 10 at night. Slowly slowly getting myself back on my feet.
Watty

Post by Watty »

cybercarl wrote:If I have the bike up and in a legalised state. It would be good to catch up. I'm looking forward to sing the CBR. I have just started a new job too which is shift work so I shall have to fit in around that. 7am start tomorrow and I finish at 2. The next day I'm on a later shift and don't finish until 10 at night. Slowly slowly getting myself back on my feet.
Good lad Carl :thumbup: Glad you got a job and getting back on your feet :D Love the yellow wheels contrast on the bike too :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

looking good carlos, she'll only need some decent paint and she'll be a beauty again, those tbr cans look very nice, so does the headers, will be interesting to see how that lacquer holds up, looks good tho mate... :thumbup:
btw
the rear brake master wire is on the wrong side of the lower spar of the rear subframe dude... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
popkat

Post by popkat »

cybercarl wrote:I also put the good seat on I got from Lloyd.

Carl I know beauty's in the eye of the beholder and all that but those Two Brothers cans are just about the ugliest I've ever seen, really don't know how they sold them with the weave pattern like that :sick: :wink: . Rest of the bikes coming on well though, hope you get back on the road soon and congrats on the job :thumbup:

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Those Yellow wheels are a pain to keep clean :lol: Marty did you notice I polished and waxed the hangers too where they dulled from the sunshine. Talking about sunshine I noticed a little blister of paint on the fascia of my rev counter today. The Sun really damages things. I'm really pleased with the headers and cans, they came up nice. The rest of the paintwork on the bike is shite. I shall 2000grit wet n dry and polish the black frame and swingarm etc and get rid of all the brush marks. I'm tempted to get some trunk lining spray and redo it all but that can wait. I want to get all the rest of the bodywork painted first. I shall probably do it myself with some Black 2k next spring/summer. All the bolts need changing for TI. That will make a big difference.

I'm also going to chop the front link mounting bracket lugs of the link pipes as I don't use them. Either that of make some brackets up and make use of them. Could do with some new link pipes actually as these are pretty sh1t. The previous owner has b8stard them and overtightened brackets squishing them all up. I had a nightmare of time on the left link just to get it slid over the graphite seal and clamped up. Slowly but surly I shall get it looking respectable once again. It's now turned into a project bike. The good news is that I can walk to work as it's local so no having to ride the bike during rush hour through traffic and I can afford to have it off the road to work on. It's going to become more of a toy than everyday mode of transport.

Arhg the weave carbon. It will make me look more hansome :lol: :lol: Need some carbon exhaust brackets to go with them after my last ones got smashed. :(
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

today I watched young Jack try his hand at making his own streetfighter.

still uploading but here is his "how to make a street fighter" tutorial. https://youtu.be/BnOHcJmM6P0

Please make your donations to the proud parents as they might both [Jack and Steve] be in the doghouse and won't be allowed into the cave to fix it.

needs:
Rear subframe
front fairing subframe
headlight
RH Rad
front firings
tail fairings
front indicators
screen

and some fags to calm the nerves
AMcQ
popkat

Post by popkat »

AMCQ46 wrote:today I watched young Jack try his hand at making his own streetfighter.

still uploading but here is his "how to make a street fighter" tutorial. https://youtu.be/BnOHcJmM6P0

Please make your donations to the proud parents as they might both [Jack and Steve] be in the doghouse and won't be allowed into the cave to fix it.

needs:
Rear subframe
front fairing subframe
headlight
RH Rad
front firings
tail fairings
front indicators
screen

and some fags to calm the nerves
8O
That's the best streetfighter storm I've seen yet :lol:

Glad he came out of it ok, looks like the bike will fix up :thumbup:

Looks like the forks are bent too.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s