what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
gilson

Re: what have you done to your

Post by gilson »

Nosepicker wrote:
gilson wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:37 pm ... Or are you planning to kill someone? Image
Good point gilson :think: Image
TBH the only thing that died was my believe in myself as a spray painter :oops: Image
No bike (yet).
gilson

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by gilson »

Jamoi wrote:Had a productive day off today.

Removed the rear wheel, cleaned it up and gave the sprocket nuts a polish to sit pretty on the new sprocket.

Checked the swingarm linkage bearings, they were in perfect nick but added some fresh grease anyway.

Forks are back in after being rebuilt and resprayed.

SP2 Brake calipers have been thoroughly cleaned. I removed any traces of fork oil from the calipers and discs due to the leaky fork seals and now have new brake pads and fluid.

Also, one of those crappy but satisfying jobs - I removed the front sprocket and cleaned all the old chain lube from the area and behind the sprocket cover (when it's back on, you won't see behind it, but I know it's clean Image ).

Noticed a leak on the oem SP2 front brake reservoir, which turned out to be a split in the diaphragm. So I had this in a drawer and seemed a good excuse to use it - although it also has a split in the diaphragm! So I've ordered 2 new diaphragms for both, then I have 2 working reservoirs.

I also made a new bracket for the front brake reservoir, as the old one looked naff and it bugged me! I made it out of the lever from a valve I stripped out of a house.

Nothing exciting, but still a few jobs to do and she's nearly MOT ready.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Excellent work. That must be very satisfying. Good luck for the Mot.
No bike (yet).
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Bikes looking good Jamoi
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Jamie your work space is far to clean, I'll send frank round with some of his mates to web it up a bit...No charge... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
neil

Post by neil »

The bulb in rev counter had blown so I bought some LED cob bulbs off Ebay, £4 for 10 bulbs (they sent 14 bulbs so got spares) fitted them last night. Longer than originals but locate fine. Much brighter than old bulbs looks better as well when lit up.
redvtr
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

well i rushed out into the cave, spanners to hand and :sad2 iv nothing to actually do :thumbdown: .

i cant really be assed working on any of them, but im not sure i like this not having anything to do either :eek2 :eek2 .
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:27 pm well i rushed out into the cave, spanners to hand and :sad2 iv nothing to actually do :thumbdown: .

i cant really be assed working on any of them, but im not sure i like this not having anything to do either :eek2 :eek2 .
:clap: :lol:

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

neil wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:53 pm The bulb in rev counter had blown so I bought some LED cob bulbs off Ebay, £4 for 10 bulbs (they sent 14 bulbs so got spares) fitted them last night. Longer than originals but locate fine. Much brighter than old bulbs looks better as well when lit up.
Handy to know that those type of LED bulbs fit :thumbup:

Chris.
mjvw

Post by mjvw »

Fitted LED to front running light very bright and cheap two per pack.

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/bulbs ... gKGt_D_BwE
Storming About :thumbup:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Kicked the tyres on Hamburg, topped up the oil, cleaned & adjusted the chain, ready for it's last 3 1/2 commutes... :lol: :thumbup:

Changed the number plate on The Murvninator.

Re wired a front late model indi, the one I put on to repalce the smashed one was a rear which is to short so looks odd, The only long stem one I had was bullet connectors.

So I got the remanants of the smashed one cut the wires off, stripped wire crimpped some female bullets on, connected it up,

Now have a long stem front indi with the correct block connector...
mjvw

Post by mjvw »

Rear brake seal kit has arrived so off out to build up my spare rear caliper. Wanting to go for ride out but keeping full tank of petrol for my weekly commute just incase...alas it won't last long with them 48mm carbs :lol: :lol: :lol:
Storming About :thumbup:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Looking at investigating the rats nest of alarm Removal that has been hiding under some silver duct tape since I bought the bike nearly 20 yrs ago.
Part of me thinks I should leave well alone, but it bugs me every time I life the seat.

Once I removed the outer layer of duct tape it’s just repeated more tape belowImage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AMcQ
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

Broke the small plastic tabs (in rear cowl) holding the taillight in place (without a doubt the most flimsy and useless design ever used! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr). Used some thin sheet metal to rebuild them and ready to go!
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Swapped the fairing over off The Murvinator on to Nue Red, swapped the Indis over. Took the Benny Screen off Nue Reds faring & put a std one on it.

Plan A is to get the whole thing up to Jonesey's as he knows a man to do the repairs...

So Nue Red looks a little different now...
Nue Red.jpg
Left The Murviator naked for now as It's due some lovin when I have me first month of retierment off... :lol: :lol:

Attacked the std pipes on Hamburg with a drill...
Holes.jpg
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Swapped oil coolers today. The first one I had installed worked well but was a little too small to keep up with the new engine. So went from the cooler with 115mm matrix for one with a 235mm matrix. While it was much more work to fit, I did get it mounted. Yes I know it isn't straight in the pic as I hadn't tightened down the mounting bolts yet.....was lucky to remember to take a pic...... :lol: Image
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.