what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by MacV2 »

Soooo I popped into see Mr Mons on the way home yesterday...

Huge shock people he was cleaning his bike !

Visit as planed was to pick up a spare wheel & a Scotoiler...Both gifted so thank you very much Sir.

Frank will make friends with all the spiders on the wheel or more likely eat them... :lol: :lol:

So this morning I have mainly been fitting said wheel back on to Custurd which has been up on axel stands this past two weeks. Now it's back on two wheels I've moved it so its now next to the cave rather than in the way on the patio.

Next moved on to Hamburg, gave it a bit of a wipe down/polish & cleaned adjusted & lubed the chain.

Frank sorted some bits out for a FB member.

Packed them all away...Cut the grass/lowered the weeds, planted a tree...watched MotoGP Quali...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
rollingthunderx2

Re: This weekwhat have you done to your "bike" today

Post by rollingthunderx2 »

So far this week I had the chain snap because of a rock, which damaged the Carbonfibre hugger, and the number plate bolt. Lost the number plate after it fell off as I hadnt realised the bolt was missing...Found the plate after going 9 miles back then finding it behind a bush 100 yds from where Id stopped to check the chain, decided to give it a clean and fit a 12v meter with usb charger ports instead of the cigarette charger fitting, and found a wayward capacitor off the clock circuit board in the clocks.
Went to go for a ride and couldnt find the keys anywhere but had a spare..went for a run to the beer shop, and on returning, heard a click as I put the tank bag down on the worktop...the keys were stuck to the bottom of the tank bag by the magnets....Im off for a beer...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

''the keys were stuck to the bottom of the tank bag by the magnets....Im off for a beer...''

:lol: :lol:

Been there done that... Went to visit Wicky for an oil line transplant...

Got home & realised I'left me phone there so had to go back up the following day just to pick the phone up...

Had a cuppa & a natter as you do went to leave couldnt find me bloody key, spent a good half hours searching pockets, down the back of sofa,table tops ect even looked at the seat lock even tho I hadn't had the seat off...
Key 1.jpg
Key 2.jpg
Oh how we laughed...NOT !

:roll:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Ran a tank of super unleaded E5 through it as this might be its last outing this year, and I don't want to leave it sitting with E10 in the tank or carbs.
Then I finally washed it after a wet Scotland trip, and a wet Welsh trip, then put it into the ramp in the workshop to start stripping it down for some winter jobs.

Took the little Ducati 250 off the workbench as my mate still has no info on when he will get his reprofiled / resurfaced cam and rockers back, so it's now in the corner and the big KTM is sitting in the easy access position for Autumn and winter duty.
AMcQ
gilson

Post by gilson »

AMCQ46 wrote:Ran a tank of super unleaded E5 through it as this might be its last outing this year, and I don't want to leave it sitting with E10 in the tank or carbs.
Then I finally washed it after a wet Scotland trip, and a wet Welsh trip, then put it into the ramp in the workshop to start stripping it down for some winter jobs.

Took the little Ducati 250 off the workbench as my mate still has no info on when he will get his reprofiled / resurfaced cam and rockers back, so it's now in the corner and the big KTM is sitting in the easy access position for Autumn and winter duty.
Hi there, a mate of mine swears that this keeps petrol fresh. He uses it for garden machinary when they are stored over winter. I use it in my bike now too.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STA-BIL-Stab ... 635-2958-0
No bike (yet).
AMCQ46

Re: what have you done to your

Post by AMCQ46 »

gilson wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:10 pm
AMCQ46 wrote:Ran a tank of super unleaded E5 through it as this might be its last outing this year, and I don't want to leave it sitting with E10 in the tank or carbs.

Hi there, a mate of mine swears that this keeps petrol fresh. He uses it for garden machinary when they are stored over winter. I use it in my bike now too.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STA-BIL-Stab ... 635-2958-0
thanks,
I will give it a try for the bike and the garden machines :thumbup:
AMcQ
Nosepicker

Post by Nosepicker »

Made a temporary paint booth in the shed to freshen up the fork legs

[imi]Image[/img]
Bad choices make good stories :D
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Nosepicker wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:00 pm Made a temporary paint booth in the shed to freshen up the fork legs

[imi]Image[/img]
That is what I call dedication :D

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Went for a good ride-out this morning :D Amazing weather again for September here in Cornwall.

In the afternoon I gave the Storm a check over for the mot tomorrow,

Chris.
gilson

Post by gilson »

Nosepicker wrote:Made a temporary paint booth in the shed to freshen up the fork legs

[imi]Image[/img]
... Or are you planning to kill someone? Image
No bike (yet).
Nosepicker

Re: what have you done to your

Post by Nosepicker »

gilson wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:37 pm ... Or are you planning to kill someone? Image
Good point gilson :think: :lol:
TBH the only thing that died was my believe in myself as a spray painter :oops: :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

nosepicker, I was thinking for the effort you went to to suffocate your bike, it would have taken less time to take the forks out :lol:
AMcQ
Nosepicker

Post by Nosepicker »

AMCQ46 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:03 pm nosepicker, I was thinking for the effort you went to to suffocate your bike, it would have taken less time to take the forks out :lol:
Totally agree AMCQ.
I'm afraid it was one of those ideas that was supposed to make the job easier but in the end turns out to do the exact opposite - yet again :roll: :D
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Had a productive day off today.

Removed the rear wheel, cleaned it up and gave the sprocket nuts a polish to sit pretty on the new sprocket.

Checked the swingarm linkage bearings, they were in perfect nick but added some fresh grease anyway.

Forks are back in after being rebuilt and resprayed.

SP2 Brake calipers have been thoroughly cleaned. I removed any traces of fork oil from the calipers and discs due to the leaky fork seals and now have new brake pads and fluid.

Also, one of those crappy but satisfying jobs - I removed the front sprocket and cleaned all the old chain lube from the area and behind the sprocket cover (when it's back on, you won't see behind it, but I know it's clean Image ).

Noticed a leak on the oem SP2 front brake reservoir, which turned out to be a split in the diaphragm. So I had this in a drawer and seemed a good excuse to use it - although it also has a split in the diaphragm! So I've ordered 2 new diaphragms for both, then I have 2 working reservoirs.

I also made a new bracket for the front brake reservoir, as the old one looked naff and it bugged me! I made it out of the lever from a valve I stripped out of a house.

Nothing exciting, but still a few jobs to do and she's nearly MOT ready.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jamie :wave:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Good work Jamie, all looking lovely and clean :thumbup:

I like the new bracket, it looks much better than the old one. I can see why you wanted to replace it.
Worth painting the fork legs seeing as you had them off the bike.

I got my Storm mot'd today, no problems,

Chris.