what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
zakisbak

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by zakisbak »

Fitted bar ends!
Decided hugger,V2 decals,fender extender,seat cowl,sports rack,raised bars can all wait!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

suns out :lol: . full tank blasted through the big girl today to take my mind of my car that appears to have sh1t something in the gearbox :eek2
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Took the VTR out for a great ride, the weather was amazing 8)

viewtopic.php?p=494563#p494563

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Been mainly working on the Murvinator these last few days...

Cleaning up a few bits here & there...

Fitted a CnC top yoke & some Renthal bars, will put a spare black fairing on it as it's fairing is currently on Nue Red as it's fairing is away for repairs...

Callipers off ready for some refreshed ones to go back on.

Needs the shock linkage checking, needs the 10 year old tyres changing & the gash rim stripes removing !
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Refitted the rear sub frame and boxed up the yokes and stanions to be sent off .
Stripped the rear calliper only to find the pad retainer missing !
One more missing part to buy 😩
zakisbak

Post by zakisbak »

Refitted the gear lever which fell off mid ride.
Luckily,the allen key fitting miraculously stayed where it should be,although it had come undone.
Weirdest,shortest breakdown ever.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Pulled 'em all out.

Murvinator up on the ABBA & Front lift.

Front wheel out, rim tape removed, discs off, wheel clened & touched up a few chips. Armstrong waveys bolted on started fecking raining ... Grrrr

So front wheel back in, tidy up tools n stuff. pushed em all back in after a quick leather down...

Closed the door... sun comes out...

BSB time me thinks...
popkat

Post by popkat »

Took it out for the first time in a long time, did 86 miles which maybe as much as I've done all year on it :oops: what with other things, a bit of racing and the odd ride on the other bikes I haven't much time for the Storm but it still goes very well :)

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

More on the Murvinator...

Fitted F4i callipers I had laying around all freshly cleaned & serviced some time ago... Fitted some new SBS street pads, didnt have any decent mounting bolts so have orderd some stainless ones... Then thought hang on Joneseys old bike had Tony's old front end on it... Checked it they ain't standard ones thats for sure...might even be Ti...so whipped them out & thats whats holding the callipers on the Murvinator...

Had some longer lines but they were miles too long so fitted the Red Hel ones that were on it in the first place, Fit ok despite the new flat bars...

Bled them up :thumbup: Did the clutch as well. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Took the back wheel out, took the rim tapes off, cleaned & refitted with captive spacers.

Needs the shock linkage doing for peace of mind, might as well, it's a bit grotty at the rear end so I'll drop that all out swinger as well...
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

MacV2 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:25 pm More on the Murvinator...

Fitted F4i callipers I had laying around all freshly cleaned & serviced some time ago... Fitted some new SBS street pads, didnt have any decent mounting bolts so have orderd some stainless ones... Then thought hang on Joneseys old bike had Tony's old front end on it... Checked it they ain't standard ones thats for sure...might even be Ti...so whipped them out & thats whats holding the callipers on the Murvinator...

Had some longer lines but they were miles too long so fitted the Red Hel ones that were on it in the first place, Fit ok despite the new flat bars...

Took the back wheel out, took the rim tapes off, cleaned & refitted with captive spacers.

Needs the shock linkage doing for peace of mind, might as well, it's a bit grotty at the rear end so I'll drop that all out swinger as well...
Busy man . Hope your not neglecting frank !
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

lloydie wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:45 pm
MacV2 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:25 pm More on the Murvinator...

Busy man . Hope your not neglecting frank !
He's got plenty to do have you seen sales & wants recently ?
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

You have been busy Mac, Lloydie is right :thumbup:

I took the Firestorm front sprocket cover off to clean out the chain lube and accumulated dirt, plus to check the sprocket bolt was tight which it was.
In doing this I noticed my hand which was holding the sprocket cover (with slave cylinder attached to it) had some oil on it, which I realised was clutch fluid.
Also the underside of the slave cylinders paint had started to bubble, so I'm sure it's time for the slave cylinder to be serviced :eh:

Chris.
mjvw

Post by mjvw »

Made Abba stand raiser out of old worktop cut to shape so can use lower engine bolts as mentioned on posts, also remove wheels of old trolley jack so wont roll, recessed a finally engineered piece of worktop to fit over the trolley jack and snugly under the oil sump for lifting front wheel :idea: .
Bike will now be secured when I start the winter tinkering.
Storming About :thumbup:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Managed to get out to a pit bike race session after 2 yrs of inactivity.

Fecking hard workImage

Racing against my old mate Les who I have been racing all types of 2 wheeled sports for the last 30+ years. MZ Racing, then enduro, then trials, then flat track now pitbike racing.

But was a bigger land mark that his eldest son Josh (8), also my god son, was out too on his bambino pit bike.

Me at near 60, Les at near 50 and josh at 8 with all the toys at his disposal. Racing bikes makes you feel young and old at the same timeImageImageImage

Kinsham kart track
Near the Welsh border, sun was even outImage
Bit of knee slider abuse
Had the relearn the grip Of slicks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Insted of working on one I went out for a spin on Hamburg... First ride on it since retirement day...30th Sept...

Fired straight up, took a while to get with it as the tyres are shite now proper squared off ...

Went on a mission... :wink: