selling the storm for a tiger 955

General Biker Banter
fatfreddy000

selling the storm for a tiger 955

Post by fatfreddy000 »

hi all,
sorry ive been outa touch so long.
my son has been in hospital since chistmas day, so thats where ive been too. nearly lost him 5 times but hes well on the mend now and we could get out in a few weeks..
anyway, ive decided to sell the storm. its sad cause ive really enjoyed her but i fancy a change and want something a bit more comfy and upright and more suitable for touring.
just got a low mileage tiger 955i on ebay with 31000 on the clock, will be fitting a better exhaust and rempping the ecu, fitting some big aluminium panniers, skid plate, high mount front mudguars, lots of little tweaks.
the vtr will go up on ebay in about a month i reckon, im unsure of value but need to get every penny i can.
some of you will of seen her at grainstorm last year and know she's no oil painting with the puprple skull paintjob and hand painted wheels and subframe!
she's is in pretty good mechanical nick though- Uprated RR, MCCT's, new tapered head bearings, new fork spings and oil, overhauled brakes with new fluid and pads, TPS at ~500 ohms, rear suspension linkage stripped and greased and new parts where neccessary, blackbird side stand, new higher a/h battery, digi voltmeter installed on console, new air filter, carbs balanced, plugs, oil and filter about 1000 miles ago, mild steel split flange with stainless studs on front header and new exhaust seals/gaskets throughout.

i will poke my nose into this forum now and then (i dont think theres such a good forum for the tiger) and maybe ill see you on a ride sometime if triumphs are allowed!
thanks all for making such a great owners club.
all the best for now..
“If all insects on Earth disappeared, within 50 years all life on Earth would end. If all human beings disappeared from the Earth, within 50 years all forms of life would flourish.” Biologist Jonas Salk
alanfjones1411

Re: selling the storm for a tiger 955

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Keep poking your nose in now and then Matt.I do and i don't even have a bike,and won't be getting one either.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Hope your son continues to recover mate. Enjoy the Triumph, everyone’s welcome here. Even Suzuki’s!!!!!!
8O
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

I think Wicky has one and we allow him so anything goes.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Wondered where you had been...

Glad to here your Son is on the mend...

Maybe you can make... viewtopic.php?f=14&t=43086

You won't be the only non Storm so no worries there...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

:-) Currently off road with the 955i due to charging system fault (since the immobiliser played up) - to get at the R/R needs a semi strip down, battery and battery tray out to get the tank off - which in turn needs new o'rings for FI connectors. Apart from that seems a reliable tank of a bike. So been using the Storm of late for a change.

Forumwise there's. US Triumphrat.net (subscription required)
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
popkat

Post by popkat »

Good luck with the tiger, tanks expanding due to ethonol, paint bubbles and can be hard to put back on due to them growing bigger. charging issues common, reg/rec which is a pain to get to and generator/stators burn out. Powder coating on the engine comes off in big flakes. other than that fairly sound for an old bike.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s