Insurance add ons

General Biker Banter
bobbler

Insurance add ons

Post by bobbler »

Looking into renewals for next year's policy and I've been wondering what are actually worthwhile options?

I think breakdown cover is worth having but not sure about legal protection, personal accident, helmet and leathers etc.

The difference between a basic policy to having all the options is around £70 a year (£111 - £174) so just trying to work out what is actually worth having?
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Re: Insurance add ons

Post by Pete.L »

All depends on how you feel about risk.
I could have saved a fortune over the years if I hadn't payed for any of those extras. But I don't want to loose my no claims, so I protect that, I want to take a passenger, so I add that, I don't want any hassle if I do claim. so I take legal protection, and so it goes on.
I've never made a claim, so I've spent a fortune but the law of Sod keeps telling me if I don't cover it I'm bound to have an accident, so I keep paying it :lol: :lol: :lol:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
bobbler

Re: Insurance add ons

Post by bobbler »

Cheers Pete, I think pretty much the same way and have always took what cover I could. It was only seeing that nearly a third of my quote was add ons that made me think which bits are actually worth having.