that dread realization

General Biker Banter
KermitLeFrog

Re: that dread realization

Post by KermitLeFrog »

haynesjones66 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:46 pm well, i finally crossed the line yesterday. i swapped my cbr600f4i for a suzuki burgman 400 and while it's comfortable to ride, i cant help but feel old on the thing! still, i'm actually enjoying riding again. i still have the storm in the shed but it will probably have to go too. off to bed now with my horlicks and a copy of People's Friend....
Is the Storm for sale?
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
haynesjones66

Post by haynesjones66 »

yep. its the one i bought from UK13er with the blade front end. not even started it yet
haynesjones66

Post by haynesjones66 »

this one

KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Emma chizzit
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
haynesjones66

Post by haynesjones66 »

i paid £1300 for it
uk13iker

Post by uk13iker »

I cashed my crypto in to buy that bike if I still had it today would be worth 40k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
haynesjones66

Post by haynesjones66 »

i sold a vf1000r for £1200 some years back. theyre fetching stupid money now. sadly, i cant ride proper bikes anymore so everything has to go. to say i'm gutted is an understatement!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

haynesjones66 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:21 pm i sold a vf1000r for £1200 some years back. theyre fetching stupid money now. sadly, i cant ride proper bikes anymore so everything has to go. to say i'm gutted is an understatement!
but at least you have the superscoot to get out a whazz on :thumbup: . il have to admit iv actually looked at big cruiser type bike,, thank god i said that out loud at last :eek2 :lol:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
haynesjones66

Post by haynesjones66 »

went out on the burgman yesterday for 180 miles and i still cant take to it. it does everything fine and was ok on main roads and the narrow lanes around the welsh lakes. some guy on a can am spyder suggested i get one, but my answer didnt impress him! i'm plucking up the courage to chop the subframe off the storm to see if a stumpy seat might help. psychologically, i just cant deal with not riding a proper bike, if that makes sense.
gilson

Post by gilson »

I've always liked the idea of a super scoot. I was considering a T max over the Burg as it is supposed to be more sporty.

They have such a good recommendation for doing one thing well that people ask other things of it expecting it to do everything well.

Maybe it will grow on you?
No bike (yet).
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

haynesjones66 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:17 am went out on the burgman yesterday for 180 miles and i still cant take to it. it does everything fine and was ok on main roads and the narrow lanes around the welsh lakes. some guy on a can am spyder suggested i get one, but my answer didnt impress him! i'm plucking up the courage to chop the subframe off the storm to see if a stumpy seat might help. psychologically, i just cant deal with not riding a proper bike, if that makes sense.
I can see exactly what your problem is :crazy:
You've been a Rocker all your life and now you're trying to be a Mod, you will need some sort of counselling for this :lol: :lol: :lol:

Before anyone gets the wrong idea I am only joking.

You may find in time with more miles covered that you will grow to like the Burgman as Gilson suggests,

Chris.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

perhaps adding a Deliveroo box on the back and it will make more sense :lol:

sorry, I couldnt resist :Banned:
AMcQ
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Just ride it like you stole it :thumbup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cMiLKSAxZM
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
haynesjones66

Post by haynesjones66 »

:lol: :lol: what annoyed me most was a ducati rider giving me the old coffee grinder handshake for being a bit slow overtaking! i thought, "if i was on my storm, i'd give you a run for your money, you tw@!"

what i would say is test ride whatever you fancy first, on a selection of different roads. the t max looks a hoot but the whole scooter thing is messing with my biker glands
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Aprilia SVR should do it