Hey all.

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
Nosepicker

Re: Hey all.

Post by Nosepicker »

AMCQ46 wrote: ↑Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:42 am welcome to the forum … one of the better ones in my opinion, as there are zero keyboard warriors on here who want to impose their own views or act in a way that would get a slap in real life.

excuse richard above, he is having a senile moment!

sit back and enjoy
:thumbup: :thumbup:
Bad choices make good stories :D
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Welcome in :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard :thumbup:

Nice introduction, your bike looks good,

Chris.
misnblu

Post by misnblu »

Thank you Chris. :thumbup:
I have lots planned for it and already bought an Ogio Mach 5 back pack and a PitBull rear bike stand and waiting for my money tree to make some more money and get the front stand too. :lol: :wink: :wink:

I've also been doing some reading around and would love to change the gearing of the bike with a front/ rear sprocket and chain kit but I'm not sure the differences in the pitch of 520 or 530. :think: :eh:
Any advice from the veterans of the forums?
I was wanting to use a 43 for the rear and 16 tooth for the front.

For what I'll be doing riding wise this gearing should give me more usability of the gears for street and maybe down the road for a track day or two. Track day won't happen until next year as I need to learn more about this bike.

Thanks all. πŸ™πŸ½πŸ‘
1998 Honda SuperHawk aka FireStorm
https://www.dwn4lif.com
My website πŸ‘†
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

So what part of the States are you located?

You can run a 520 chain with no issues on this bike.
As for what the numbers mean...520,525,530 and so on here is a good reference:

For gearing, personally I would either go to a 43 on the rear (preferred) or a 15 on the front (it works but is a pretty tight bend for the chain)
Some folks go lower but that is a discussion for another time....lol

Also keep in mind that when you change the sprockets you will also change the wheel base of the bike.
43 out back will make it shorter and a 15 in front will make it longer. :thumbup:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
misnblu

Post by misnblu »

8541Hawk wrote: ↑Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:39 pm So what part of the States are you located?

You can run a 520 chain with no issues on this bike.
As for what the numbers mean...520,525,530 and so on here is a good reference:

For gearing, personally I would either go to a 43 on the rear (preferred) or a 15 on the front (it works but is a pretty tight bend for the chain)
Some folks go lower but that is a discussion for another time....lol

Also keep in mind that when you change the sprockets you will also change the wheel base of the bike.
43 out back will make it shorter and a 15 in front will make it longer. :thumbup:
I'm from the Deep South State they call Mississippi. 3 miles from the beach. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ‘
Thanks for the warm welcome sir and I've enjoyed all the wealth of knowledge you and the other veteran 'Stormers have given to the forums. πŸ™πŸ½πŸ˜

I've already read through most of everything on these forums and because if this I've probably put another $4000 into the bike in parts including a 16/43 520 chain sprocket setup for the bike. πŸ’™

I'm looking forward to rebuilding this bike and while I'm doing so I'll be taking some riding classes and schooling at NOLA Motorsports in New Orleans so come Spring I'll be ready to ride the Steed properly.

Thanks for the chain information too. 🀟
I've become so obsessed again with bikes. I couldn't tell you how many magazines I've read from years back wishing for this moment to have the bike I've always wanted. Took 25 years but here we are. πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈπŸ‘Œ
1998 Honda SuperHawk aka FireStorm
https://www.dwn4lif.com
My website πŸ‘†
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Well I'm in New Mexico now and visit family in Arkansas from time to time ....so I have a good idea where Mississippi is located..... :lol: :beer:

Good luck with the bike and your return to riding :thumbup:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.