Hi guys

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
Buzzby1

Hi guys

Post by Buzzby1 »

Hi guys just bought a VTR and looking for some help as to why it has a single arm swing arm as from what I can see that’s off the 800 also looking to sell the bike but cannot post in the for sale group also could anyone advise on the price I’ve no idea what it’s worth 31k miles no mot seems like it’d fly through with some rear indicators thanks (reason for selling is I’ve not passed my test)
Attachments
Bike 1
Bike 1
Bike 2
Bike 2
Bike 3
Bike 3
Bike 4
Bike 4
Bike 5
Bike 5
Wicky

Re: Hi guys

Post by Wicky »

Greetings

Seems like a 'cut & shut' job using VTR/VFR - Does it have the VTR's V2 engine or did they use the V4 engine?

What did the previous owner say about the bike to explain the mash-up?

Usually folk cut & shut VTRs with the racier VTR SP version as they're worth more.

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

The single sided SA weighs more and makes the wheelbase longer, so handling is made worse, unless you like motorways.
The fairing looks like a trackday SP1 or SP2 one.
The air intake in the nose won't connect to a storm airbox, as the SP routes through the headstock, which you can't do with a storm frame.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Buzzby1 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:36 pm Hi guys just bought a VTR and looking for some help as to why it has a single arm swing arm as from what I can see that’s off the 800 also looking to sell the bike but cannot post in the for sale group also could anyone advise on the price I’ve no idea what it’s worth 31k miles no mot seems like it’d fly through with some rear indicators thanks (reason for selling is I’ve not passed my test)
Welcome aboard :thumbup:

There is a reason why you can't post in the ''For Sale'' section at the moment, please see below.

11. Due to abuse of the Sales and Wants section by some previous new members, it is now mandatory that you have 50 posts before you are allowed to post in that section of the forum. Anybody trying to get around this by posting sales in the wrong place will have their posts deleted, try it a second time and their account will be deleted automatically. No questions asked. Also, posting trivial posts just to reach the 50 will also result in your account being deleted.

Rule 11. taken for the Forum Rules here:-
http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 23&t=19054

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Advice on the price ? 1000 to 1500 on a good day, not coming up to winter tho, people are looking for cheap bikes to do up in the winter...

If you have recently bought it surely you know how much you paid for it... So why ask... :lol: :lol:

The VFR rear end is a mod thats been done a few times, If I was buying a Storm with that done I would want to know who did it & give a very good looking over to make sure it was safe...

Seems a bit silly buying a bike you cant ride :crazy: , why don't you take your test...problem solved.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...