New to the group

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
JCR

Re: New to the group

Post by JCR »

Pete.L wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:51 am
sirch345 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:59 pm It's always better to ask if you are unsure about something, rather than wish you had asked,

Chris.
Unless you are talking to the wife. In which case it's always best to ask forgiveness rather than ask for permission. :D
Works for me or I'd never have any new bike bits :wink:
[/quot :le]

😂😂👍
JCR

Post by JCR »

sirch345 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:59 pm
JCR wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:37 am
sirch345 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:43 pm

Before you remove the CCT on the front or rear cylinder you need to set the valve timing first (as described in this link:- viewtopic.php?f=31&t=8326 ).

Just to make it clear, you need to follow my instructions in the link I supplied, not the manual when you come to removing the CCT's for carrying out The Stopper Mod. You are right though in what you are thinking in your question above (which I have highlighted in Red)
Here it is again:- viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19416

Some one mentioned about a ratchet in some CCT's. There is no ratchet in the Firestorm/Superhawk OEM CCT's. As I understand it a CCT with a built in ratchet cannot back off in the event of a CCT spring failure. A Firestorm/Superhawk CCT will back off if/when a spring fails (breaks) allowing the pistons to come into contact with the valves, bending them.

Chris.
Thanks Chris that’s cleared everything up for me now, no more questions, I hear everyone breath a sigh of relief 😂
Jon
It's always better to ask if you are unsure about something, rather than wish you had asked,

Chris.
Yes that’s very true, thanks once again for all your help Chris!
Jon
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Jon,
did you get the stopper mod done?
AMcQ
JCR

Post by JCR »

Hi buddy, not been on here for ages, only just seen this last message, yes I did do the stopper mod, worked a treat thanks, was several months ago now, Can’t believe how quickly the time goes! Done a few more jobs on the old girl since then to tidy her up a bit and am now in the middle of replacing the rusty subframe for a freshly powder coated one with new exhaust mounts I welded on ready to take my new exhaust system over the winter. Am just trying to decide whether to fit an aftermarket under tray at the mo and which would be the best one to buy. Been looking at a power bronze one along with a couple of other makes

Jon