Racing VTR? Any inside info?

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
bluesman

Racing VTR? Any inside info?

Post by bluesman »

Colleagues,
Has anyone got any idea how the hell did they (Moriwaki? French racing team?) manage to install crash pads on this bike in exactly spot where they really save engine covers?
May be someone seen pictures without fairing of that one?

4 wheels moving body, 2 wheels moving soul
Jbrebel

Re: Racing VTR? Any inside info?

Post by Jbrebel »

Read about that VTR some time ago.

Tis fookin awesome :thumbup:

Sorry BM-know nothing about the crash protectors...
SP1's rock!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

dont know the answer to your question, but thanks for posting the photo. I could look at that for hours, is there more?
AMcQ
Jonesey

Post by Jonesey »

DROOL :Jaw Drop:
Unus Dies Gingiber Mos Hereditas Orbis terrarum.
bluesman

Post by bluesman »

I was sure those photos were old news...but since you ask
Some more of Moriwaki VTR. If only they had camera a bit to the side I would see how those pads are mounted :sad2

Next is Rumi Racing VTR. This one have airducts etc. just like MWE VTR.
I like how it looks actually. Specially because I have something quite rare on my bike same like on this one :) Arrow cans. Best ever ever cans I had on any bike period....sound is superb and they give good free breathing to my yellow tractor :)

gilson

Post by gilson »

There's only a couple of people that could possibly know about the engine mounts, if indeed they are protection, they don't look like the normal R&G engine protection though. 1 is roger d, as he built the only Honda Factory stage 3 moriwaki VTR,(only one of two, the other being in mr Moriwaki's museum) I don't think his bikes ever had engine protection though, he mentioned to me that the racers are going too fast for the protection to actually protect and if they do, they weren't trying hard enough!

The second will be me when I own that very bike. The factory vtr, not the French one.... :wink:

the ones posted above I think are the stage 2. they seem to have the standard brakes and forks, although I'm sure not standard internals;)
They also have standard rads and top yoke.

you could always email him. I'm sure he'll help if he can.
No bike (yet).
bluesman

Post by bluesman »

thak you! I will try to email Roger...

Well, Rumi VTR built for supertwins races, indeed it is not factory stage 3. I just like it :)

Blue one....that still puzzles me.
It is not stage 2 for sure. But also it is not endurance racer known in UK by looks of it.

See - it does have different than standard forks, but not Moriwaki by looks of it.
Then it does have Brembo brakes unlike AP (I think?) 6-potters.
It have Moriwaki swingarm, bodywork, exhaust system, rearsets, final drive.
It definitely have non-standard wheels, different yokes, different rads. Also it has moriwaki airducts etc, and judging by some hoses visible on side it have moriwaki fuel system too.
On other hand it has slightly different bodywork than endurance racer I seen on pictures from UK and it certainly not stage 2 I seen on pictures from Mallory.
I think this blue round thingy is not crashpad but drive for external starter.... :eek2
So - any info I will be grateful for!
bluesman

Post by bluesman »

let's continue amusement :) by some more photos.
This I found on many sources, but here is from UK site and as I understood it is website of actual/past owner? If anyone on forum owns this...wow.

This appears to be Stage 3 endurance racer one of 2 genuine - I assume built by Roger, one you explained about?
Here is link with more information. Seems it is on sale?
http://www.moonpie.co.uk/html/race_bikes.html

This appears to be (and I seen it many times) stage 2 Honda UK moriwaki factory. I don't like how it looks to be honest. Of course those bikes built not for showing off, I know :)

So, question remains - what is that blue NTT racing bike? It seems to be 95% like stage 3 but some parts different and stock subframe by looks of it? NTT racing is Australian, no?
Jonesey

Post by Jonesey »

You better do some overtime Gilly!
Buy yourself a true piece of history with magazine articles covering the self same bike for only £9995.
152 at the rear wheel!!! That bike is something else.
gilson

Post by gilson »

The blue bike for sale at Moonpie is actually THE BSB Factory Spec Honda Revolution Stage 3 bike (Roger's very bike). It was raced by Roger's son during the 1998-99 BSB season with Nial McKenzie and others. I thought it wouldn't be a secret for much longer...

I found out that Mr Moonpie owned it from a crafty Google search that picked up a signature from his SOHC racing forum. I encouraged him to sell it...

The Yellow and Pink bike (Club 18-30 colours, the original sponsors) is a Stage 2, which Mr Moonpie used to race. He never road the Stage 3.

Absolutely special.. and I'm going to find out everything about this bike over the coming years... :wink:
No bike (yet).
Jonesey

Post by Jonesey »

come on then Gilly, spill your guts..... are you about to purchase it?
Chris. :confused
dave-sp2

Post by dave-sp2 »

uuuummmmmmmmmmmmmm i have seen the pictures of this bike a lot lately!!! hey martyn!!!!! :crazy:
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

What a 8) post

Cheers BM :thumbup:
SP1's rock!
gilson

Post by gilson »

dave-sp2 wrote:uuuummmmmmmmmmmmmm i have seen the pictures of this bike a lot lately!!! hey martyn!!!!! :crazy:
Heh heh heh.....
No bike (yet).
Jonesey

Post by Jonesey »

Have you made your new acquisition yet Martyn?
Chris.