Manual Cam Chain Tensioner Installation Guide (MCCT's)

Where all the workshop knowledge lives together.
Shibby46

Re: Manual Cam Chain Tensioner Installation Guide (MCCT's)

Post by Shibby46 »

alanfjones1411 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:43 pm I don't know what causes carb farts,but it sounds like a thump under the fuel tank.Nearly all Vtr's suffer from it.Mine used to do it before it warmed up properly.
This is all making me feel better, I was starting to panic about my mccts, though I followed the instructions to a t and the engine sounds great. The bike does cut out on warm up sometimes so the carb farts seems like the issue. Thanks all
Shibby46

Post by Shibby46 »

Just wanna check if anyone else has thoughts on my clicking problem above?

Thanks all
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Difficult to say what the click is - have you a recording of it?

If the MCCT is too tight it'll squeal - and if too loose it'll rattle even after warmed up - so likely nothing untoward. Important thing it that the lock nut is done up, and you've put something on the threads to help stop them unwinding / stop oil dribbles - Just put a mark on the bolts and keep an eye on them while you ride for the first few miles.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Shibby46

Post by Shibby46 »

Wicky wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:21 pm Difficult to say what the click is - have you a recording of it?

If the MCCT is too tight it'll squeal - and if too loose it'll rattle even after warmed up - so likely nothing untoward. Important thing it that the lock nut is done up, and you've put something on the threads to help stop them unwinding / stop oil dribbles - Just put a mark on the bolts and keep an eye on them while you ride for the first few miles.
Thank you, it doesn’t sound like either of those noices which is great, carb farts it must be 😊
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

The easy way to diagnose carb coughs is that you can feel it through the tank. If it's a cct problem you can't.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.