Free to a home (good or bad)

Moderator: VTRDark

freeridenick

Free to a home (good or bad)

Post by freeridenick »

I've had these floating around for a while and I've not got round to doing anything with them so they can clutter up someone else's garage. Collection from east of Manchester or posted at your cost. Photos to follow.

Fireblade rear wheel with sprocket carrier and sprocket. Internal spacer too I think. The wheel has a dent in the rim so needs straightening - I'm no expert by it looks doable - but would should fit the 'Storm and allow a 190 or 200 rear tyre.

Firestorm fork. These are in a bit of a state. The sliders should clean up OK but the stanchions need replacing or re-chroming.
tony.mon

Re: Free to a home (good or bad)

Post by tony.mon »

Maidstone Motoliner will be able to un- dent the wheel.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
AMCQ46

Re: Free to a home (good or bad)

Post by AMCQ46 »

tony.mon wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:55 pm Maidstone Motoliner will be able to un- dent the wheel.
I have used them 3 or 4 times, they are good at straightening things, the wheels always come back very true.

Just dont expect them to paint match the area they have fixed, thats not part of what they sell, so factor in a repaint if you want it to look perfect. I have managed to work round this with a gloss black touch up on a wheel that was recently powder coated before the pothole bent it.
AMcQ