Another one...

A place for you to list your ongoing bike projects
StormyRob

Another one...

Post by StormyRob »

Hoping this is not much of a project. Anyway found this bike in NI and when I gave her a test ride it felt like like the timing was 180 out. Handed over 700 for her safe in the knowledge that if the engine is shafted that there are a few parts to sell. The Leo Vince cans are being sold regardless soon enough.
I was advised the bike was previously owned by Richard Britten but that could be absolute nonsense. On top of that the previous owner testified that there was a stage 2 inside her Image but only time will tell. Once I got the old fuel through she ran very smoothly (up to 6.5k Image) so quite happy there as it was about 55 miles. From a distance she looks quite good but there is the usual corrosion around the front header and some rust around subframe. All in all not too bad really, especially at that money

Red. I always thought folks with red ones were losers 🤣 but now that I have one I think they are all winners.

Maybe I am finally onto a winner with this one. I estimate the possibility of there being a stage 2 inside to be around 5 percent. I just think it is too good to be true. The fella I bought it from didn't even really seemto understand how important that would be, it was just something he was told and he just rode it.

Update to follow. Expect no announcement of a stage 2 engine

ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
lanny

Re: Another one...

Post by lanny »

As you say, your on the right side at that money. it looks like a project that wouldnt become a money pit depending on how far you want to go with it. If the Stage two potential becomes genuine it takes you down a real project route of getting the rest of the bike to match the performance.Good luck. :thumbup:
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Good luck with the stage 2 engine but i would ask myself,why go to the expense of fitting a stage 2 engine and keeping the frame,rear shock etc.standard.At that price though you can't wrong.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Poss just a stage 2 jet kit... Lost in translation...The PO told me... No doubt you'll find out in the ride...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Looks a very nice bike Rob.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Well. Went out this morning before work to get the airbox off (which is entirely standard) so I could look through the carbs into the heads. Heads didn't seem any more shiny than my other storm so that's probably that 😂
Will get the cam covers off on monday or Tuesday jusy to make sure there arent any nice cams in there (I am quite sure there won't be)
Ah well. Sure if there were stage 2 engines popping up all over the place that wouldn't make Fabio's as special 😂
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

You did very well there at that price Rob, stage 2 engine or not,

Chris.
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

sirch345 wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 11:21 am You did very well there at that price Rob, stage 2 engine or not,

Chris.
Yes mate. Can't complain. The cans are undamaged so will fetch a fair bit and someone already wants the rear hugger which is different from any I have seen (metal bracing at sides)

Then I will likely sort the timing and sell for more than I paid. Will just confirm what cams she is running beforeI commit to that. Wish I could just keep her as a second bike but moving house in the next week or so, so it is not a possibility even at the low price
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

That looks good value for money Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

MacV2 wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 8:56 am Poss just a stage 2 jet kit... Lost in translation...The PO told me... No doubt you'll find out in the ride...
that was same as I was thinking ... plenty of people think putting a dynojet kit and pipes is stage 2
AMcQ
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

AMCQ46 wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 2:45 pm
MacV2 wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 8:56 am Poss just a stage 2 jet kit... Lost in translation...The PO told me... No doubt you'll find out in the ride...
that was same as I was thinking ... plenty of people think putting a dynojet kit and pipes is stage 2
I assumed that was what he meant initially but he stated it was definitely the engine and had been dynod at 133 rear wheel.

Maybe had an engine replacement. Who knows.
pat_986

Post by pat_986 »

I've just got a cheap storm too. Hopefully the gamble pays off