High level MIG's

General Bike chat
nigelrb

Re: High level MIG's

Post by nigelrb »

uk13iker wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:47 pm . . .my rear hangers need fabricating job for next weekend.
Looks fairly similar to my Remus system. Pic here for guidance if it helps. Can take measurements if needed:
Attachments
Bracket.jpg
uk13iker

Post by uk13iker »

nigelrb wrote:
uk13iker wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:47 pm . . .my rear hangers need fabricating job for next weekend.
Looks fairly similar to my Remus system. Pic here for guidance if it helps. Can take measurements if needed:
Thanks Nigel looks like mine sit in same position. I noticed a gasket stuck on the headers so was able to move that and make them sit better. Yes may ask you for some measurements for rear hangers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dave100

Post by Dave100 »

I love the high level Remus .... sound great without being too unkind to the neighbours
But the mounting bracket always looks a bit agricultural to me .... simplistically designed

Had thoughts over the years of either drilling some holes into them ( like on the original fire blade front fairing ) or putting a more shaped hole into it

Just to make it look a bit more subtle
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

Dave100 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:49 pm I love the high level Remus ....
But the mounting bracket always looks a bit agricultural to me ....
Yep, fair call. Might have been a task for the Remus apprentice. Two bends on the machine and presto!!

An enterprising person could possibly roll out some nice carbon ones, but there'd be next to no market for them. :(