Michelin Pilot 4

General Bike chat
Mav617

Michelin Pilot 4

Post by Mav617 »

Anyone used these? Seem like a good option after my Pirelli Phantoms that have just lasted 6000 so-so miles.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
tony.mon

Re: Michelin Pilot 4

Post by tony.mon »

They've had four goes at these now, they should be fairly good by try number four.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

iv used them and they very much do what they say on the tin :thumbup: :thumbup:

tho for a few extra quid check out the 5s, they grip even better and last longer to boot :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
popkat

Post by popkat »

I've used them and they are ok but lack a bit of feel in the dry, fairly good in the wet though. I'm using Pirelli Angel GT2 now which are a step up from the Road 4

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Never tried the PR4s, didn't rate the PR3s as the front squirmed too much when pushing on, but loved the PR2s, which up until recently were still available, so I always used them.
Great in the wet and in the dry. I even did a few track days on them.

After reading all the good reviews I have now jumped from the 2s to the new 5s, and they are very good
AMcQ
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

I agree with Al regarding the PR3's, lots of movement.

The PR4's are great, feel more like a conventional sports tyre with decent wet grip and a hard centre. I'm not a great rider, but did a couple of trackdays on them and didn't seem to be at a disadvantage over the guys with Supercorsas etc.

The PR5's, I didn't notice much difference between the 4 & 5. I think the 5 had a steeper sidewall which livened up the steering a bit and perhaps added some more confidence after reading all the hype.

I don't think there's a bad tyre on the market these days.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Jamie :wave:
TheBozBoz

Post by TheBozBoz »

I love pr3s I'm wondering now if they still sell them! Thank christ I've still got a lightly part worn set. Great all round tyre, if they've only improved them with the 4s and 5s then I'd say investigate them further!!!

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

I have PR4 GT front and rear, lasts quite well, front scolops a bit, 5000 on front and 4000 on rear.lot of life left in them.
Ok in dry, Ok in wet dont think as good as all the hype....and they follow groves in the road. very sensitve to pressure. tend to run 36 f and 38 - 40 rear.
Bit expensive when compared to others.
it may be clever, but its not big.