Choke cable location?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
bingo808

Choke cable location?

Post by bingo808 »

Hi
Managed to remove the fuel tank and air box.

Now, the choke cable was loose near the front of the bike. I relocated the cable to where you see it in the photos below.

What size is the choke cable bolt? I tried an M6 but no go. Seems smaller.

Also, cable is "tight". I have it running around the bottom part of the front cylinder. See below.

Also if you see anything "funny" or unusual around the carbies please let me know.
Someone put it together, so I should be able to pull it apart.
MacV2

Re: Choke cable location?

Post by MacV2 »

That is wrong. Front choke runs along the right of the carbs rearwards, round the back of the rear of the carbs...

The mount on the frame should be pointing straight out...

There is a routing guide in the manual which there is a PDF in the files section.

Also use the search funtion for... ''Choke Cable Routing'' There are loads of posts on the subject...Your not the first... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
bingo808

Post by bingo808 »

Many thanks! I will search for routing details.

Glad I'm not the first!
mjvw

Post by mjvw »

You probably know but be careful with the black plastic cable to carb inserts very easy to break, sure the choke holder bolt is 5 or 4 mm changed mine for stainless.
Cable Routing is important as if incorrect can cause choke start issues carb setup.

The black plastic inserts can only be purchased as a part of a set per carb at an eye watering price but I think you can purchase brass copies sure that someone will be able to find a link, hope all goes well and you get it sorted :thumbup:
Storming About :thumbup:
bingo808

Post by bingo808 »

Thanks. I had a go at rerouting the choke cable but can't seem to get it to follow the path shown in the diagrams in this post...

viewtopic.php?t=43450

It's like both the choke cables leading to the carbies is "trapped" underneath, so in order to reroute, I'd have to unbolt the carbies from the cylinder/manifold.

Can I leave the carbies intact and undo where the cable connects to the carby? Would a new cable help?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/114875366652
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Much easier with the carbs off and it's only a couple of bolts to loosen from where you're at now.

The housing that splits the cable sits alongside the coolant reservoir then the single cable goes under the coolant hoses and out to the frame. The cables with the needles are loose and routing should be obvious when you compare to the diaphragm you linked to. The threads on the nuts as very easy to strip though.