Fuel

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
DJWALKER

Fuel

Post by DJWALKER »

Hi guys ran the bike to get fuel 3miles away filled up with usual e5 super unleaded and soon as I left it almost stopped crawled home popping blowing back going to one cylinder.
Had to slip the clutch lots seemed better over 4k rpm but obviously didn't fancy giving it to much , any thoughts ?
AMCQ46

Re: Fuel

Post by AMCQ46 »

you have managed to get an airlock in the tank breather. just open the filler cap to release the vacuum and it will run fine.

it sometimes happens when you fill it to the brim
AMcQ
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Or you may have put diesel in it by mistake, not going to say anymore but........anyone might think I have experience of this!!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Richard wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:59 pm Or you may have put diesel in it by mistake, not going to say anymore but........anyone might think I have experience of this!!
i feel your pain :lol: . about 2 years ago :lol:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
DJWALKER

Post by DJWALKER »

Haha , no not deasil though I did have to have a check after you mentioned it, it appears it was an air lock as suggested dunno why I didn't think of that as it happend on my bandit many times , but you could quickly unscrew the filler and keep going lol.thanks guys