Couple of problems with my 97 vtr f.

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
lloydie

Re: Couple of problems with my 97 vtr f.

Post by lloydie »

Think I may look into getting some spring plates made up at some point thanks roger :thumbup:
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

+1
Jamie :wave:
Geoff S

Post by Geoff S »

lloydie wrote:Think I may look into getting some spring plates made up at some point thanks roger :thumbup:
I am interested too if you do look into it and have beer tokens if you want some for a first batch. Old ladies in old Nissan Micras beat me off the lights for the first second. :cry:
Antjp

Post by Antjp »

My bikes starting superb now guys. Thanks for all your great knowledge and a big thanks for the detailed instructions too in which I followed to the T and got the job done. The problem with my bike was my transfere gear slipping. Which to save me a extreme lot of money I've had to opt for a nice neat weld. It's Probably been caused by my origional battery still fitted to my 1998 bike not being quite up to the job. Now the new battery is fitted its whizzing over the engine fireing first press. And I've done 1000 mile since. I've got some new tyres to fit now and refurb my wheels.
Cheers guys.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Roger Ditchfield wrote:THERE IS A CURE for clutch snatch off the line under racing conditions but it will cost a fair amount and you have to decide if it is worth it for you. It was for Revolution Racing.
Here is the answer to your problem.
1) "Lazer" cut a number (say 6) steel clutch plates out of Spring Steel. Make them the same thickness as the OEM steel plate
2) Pressure dish the plates by 5mm.
3) Find a spring maker to heat treat the plates so they are now a diaphragm spring plate
4) Rebuild the clutch stack substituting one or two of the OEM steel plates(depending on the power output of the engine) with the new Spring Steel dished metal plates.
You now have a "Diaphragm" clutch.
Problem solved
Over time the plates will lose their spring strength that is why I recommend you make six of them
If you wish to discuss this in more detail please ring me on 07970 915259 anytime
Hope this is of help
Roger
Thanks for that information Roger, very interesting :thumbup:

Chris.