what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:14 pm Tried out the Abba stand with front lift attachment that I bought this week.
It seems pretty stable, and although the strap device holding the rear down (on one side only) is a bit " Heath-Robinson" it works well enough. It'll make it easier to clean, having both wheels off the ground, without having to use two paddock stands.
I have a lift attachment It's not a standard ABBA kit made by someone on FB IIRC... Anyway never came with a strap so I use an 1'' ratchet strap, works fine. I've seen the ABBA strap it is a bit meerhhh...

We all know what a ratchet is...It's a bit bigger than a mouse shi* :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

MacV2 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 7:10 am
tony.mon wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:14 pm Tried out the Abba stand with front lift attachment that I bought this week.
It seems pretty stable, and although the strap device holding the rear down (on one side only) is a bit " Heath-Robinson" it works well enough. It'll make it easier to clean, having both wheels off the ground, without having to use two paddock stands.
I have a lift attachment It's not a standard ABBA kit made by someone on FB IIRC... Anyway never came with a strap so I use an 1'' ratchet strap, works fine. I've seen the ABBA strap it is a bit meerhhh...

We all know what a ratchet is...It's a bit bigger than a mouse shi* :lol: :lol:
Because the Tuono is nose heavy when mounted on the pivot it's not possible to lift the front while tensioning the strap at the rear, so a ratchet strap would be a much better option. Thanks for the tip!

I was also thinking about a metal bar with a hook at each end- if I position the arm right, the lower hook would latch onto the arm's bar when I lifted the front wheel.

If it proves possible to move the arm towards the front while the bike's still lifted, the reverse should be possible to get it down again.

(I know what I mean, if it works I'll post a vid or pics).

I'd prefer the spider type on wheels, but as I already have paddock stands for both ends plus a headstock stand, it's a bit overkill.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Re: what have you done to one of your "bikes" today

Post by MacV2 »

Finally got round to fitting the refurbed forks to WaxStorm... The minger I picked up last year...

I did tidy it up abit sold the cans & hangers & a few other bits but thew forks were quite rusty & when I got it home the oil was proper leaking on both legs...

As per the norm it got put to one side... :lol: I had another set of forks also in poor shape so I stripped them down & sent them off for re-chroming...Not cheap https://www.pittedforks.co.uk/price.php but did a good job...

I did have to remove some of the new chrome as the bottom bush didn't fit right so the fork wouldn't go into the fork lower. So that was done on GrainStorm IX day & the forks rebuilt ready to be fitted.

So today was spent Removing the old & fitting the new... Next step I was going to service the brakes anyway but they got quite a bit of oil on them, gave them & the discs a good blasting with brake cleaner but will remove strip & clean, new pads on another day...

fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Busy busy Mac, looks dead on in the pictures that bike :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Good job Mac, WaxStorm is getting there :clap: :clap:

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Should have said, I have a set of USD blade forks ( in need of a rebuild) going on eblag tomorrow.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Fitted a couple of spacers I made to fill that gap created by using Mori velocity stacks with a standard airbox. No excuse now, time to start riding it - off to the Dainese store in Manchester tomorrow to try and find some 2-piece leathers.
ImageImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Ideal Nick :thumbup: :clap:

Chris.
MacV2

Re: what have you done to one of your "bikes" yesterday

Post by MacV2 »

The Murnivator got a good blast out on the Sunny Sunday.

Had a trip out to a mates house in Maidstone for a BBQ & a trip to the park with the families kiddlies.

Sunny & warm if a bit windy, the planed rounders tournament didn't quite go to plan as the provided kid friendly equipment was made of foam bit light for the wind conditions,,, :lol: :lol:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Put petrol in Elsie yet again lol and rode it..ImageImage

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Re: what have you done to one your "bikes" today

Post by MacV2 »

WaxStorm got a brake refresh. As the callipers got a bit oily from the leaking forks.

Total strip & replacement pads... Discs got a good clean. Nice firm lever happy days.

Next job Strip the linkage off & give that a good going over. :crazy:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Mainly removing this from WaxStorm.

Just as well I did it as the triangle to swingarm connection was a bit stiff, came off ok with a bit of persuasion...

Luckily I had a refurbed one in stock so was a straight swap.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 4:53 pm Mainly removing this from WaxStorm.

Just as well I did it as the triangle to swingarm connection was a bit stiff, came off ok with a bit of persuasion...

Luckily I had a refurbed one in stock so was a straight swap.
Looking at the photo I think you did well to replace it :thumbup: :thumbup:

Chris.
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Took it out for its maiden voyage, finally. Not the best day for photos but a great trip out to Holmfirth and a loop back through Dunford Bridge. A little more than 20miles but enough to check that nothing fell off. Image

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

lloydie

Post by lloydie »

dropped the rear 20mm and raised the front 5mm ,bike is less tippy now but turns better and holds a better line round the bends . i was finding it very twitchy in the wet quite unnerving tbh . raining tomorrow so ill test it in the wet :thumbup: