WP Rear Shock

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
BazilD

WP Rear Shock

Post by BazilD »

Anyone tried or know anything about WP's offering for the Storm?

I'm looking for an after market rear shock and the WP4681 BACC looks the neatest! (Shh........don't tell 'er! HOW MUCH??)

Any help will be appreciated.
BazilD
Sometimes you're the bug, and sometimes you're the windscreen!
Max

Post by Max »

My cousin has a WP shock on his storm, I have only ridden it once for about 40 miles but it seemed a lot less harsh than the std one on mine and felt smoother. He has put really high bars on his so I can't say what the handling was like when hustled but it did feel as though the suspension was working with you rather than against. He bought it instead of the Ohlins shock as it was height adjustable.
MDJ

RIde height

Post by MDJ »

Ah, does that adjuster give enough extra to not bother with a jack up plate? Where can I get said item from round London-ish?
Druid

Post by Druid »

I had a WP shock on my VFR, well made, high quality item. You could really feel the difference (but it replaced a 36k miles OE shock, so you'd expect to feel the difference). Compliant ride, well controlled damping, plenty of adjustment, remote compression & rebound damping - what you'd expect for £500. The height adjustment was up to 9mm, so enough not to bother with the jack-up plate. The only downside was the preload adjustment was by C-spanner, and a real PITA to get to.

If you regularly carry a pillion or luggage you may want to go for the convenience of the remote preload adjustment found on Ohlins.