Clutch problem

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Jasong70

Clutch problem

Post by Jasong70 »

Hey Guys,

I have an issue I think. I'm not actually sure, which is why it is an issue.

I installed a new front sprocket this weekend. The problem is that when I pulled the sprocket cover, the muck made the clutch acuating rod pull out. It didn't pull all the way out, but about 3/4 way out.

When I went to put the cover back on, I noticed that the rod was sticking out an extra 1/2". I pushed the cover on carefully.

Now, when I pull in the clutch, it feels very easy. When I put it in gear with the clutch in, I have to barely let the clutch out (not even 10%) and it bites hard an launches the bike.

It is like the clutch needs to be bled. Anyone have any advice?

Thanks from Canada
Jason.
dodds

clutch

Post by dodds »

I had the same problem when i fitted my aftermarket front sprocket gaurd, the clutch started to bite real early, but after two day it just went back to normal. Not an answer to your prob but you never know !!!
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Probably a little movement in the hydrolic clutch. i.e the piston started to come out on its own when not connected to the chassis.
Could also be compounded with muck on the clutch push rod.
It may settle back in but to be sure it might be worth while bleeding the system just incase there's any pressure build up. Take the resevior cap off, give it all a clean and put it back on after bleeding.
That should sort it :lol:
Pete.l