Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

Badger

Post by Badger »

I only asked :wink:
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

I just looked Coalville up on Autoroute and her sister only lives a few miles away. I could drop her off and come out to play with everyone else :P
Rich.

Jaglifter

Post by Jaglifter »

No problem! Actually its cus I'd like to be 19 again and riding my old Velocette (mainly OHC KSS - although I raced a Venom) and the Manx was the closest I could find to it in the list of Avatars.

Incidenatally I've never heard of an "Avatar" before and I haven't a clue how to make my own - else I'd try for something really cool like Iggy's cat with an apple on its head!

Cheers.

Jaglifter
simon t

Post by simon t »

Oi, Ian and Stu. If you're going to the Vic informally give us a PM and I'll tag along. BTW the 'real' bike night is Thursday. Hate to turn up on scooter night :oops:

Will start sorting things out with John ASAP, as the interest is really encouraging. It would be useful if those interested in camping/drinking/headbanging the night before could vote now!

Also, any good ideas for fundraising for charity would be welcome. As this is in memory of Wayne, could I prevail upon any of his mates to clear it with his family and perhaps get a nominated charity. I appreciate this may be awkward, so please feel free to PM me.

For those of you still wondering where the Victoria is, here is the web address again, which has directions on it.

http://www.vicbikerpub.co.uk/

Simon
MDJ

Why

Post by MDJ »

simon t wrote:. Hate to turn up on scooter night :oops:
Why's that then? afraid of being shown up in the unforgiving 50cc road racing stakes?.... :lol: :wink:

Huf, is anyone near london up for some cainage?? The streets seem to be somewhat "lacking" in challenge.....
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

:P Great .It looks as if we've choosen a Place :P
Now can we say when?
I'm up for camping over if anyone else want's to.

Pete.l
simon t

Post by simon t »

Hi guys. Looks like the Vic is a goer. In the meantime you can help out the Vic. Below is a message from John the landlord, on the pub newsletter. Send in your votes and put Olivia/Venka at the top of the tree! :wink:

A plea from The Vic Bikers Pub:
Hi, any chance we could ask a favour of you? We have egged Olivia on (Nita the land ladys daughter) to enter the Crossbow Calendar Draw to be added to next years Crossbow calendar. Its just for laughs, thing is she is laying second and the competition closes we think soon. Livvy is a barrel of fun with a wicked personality, 27 yrs old this month, and we were wondering if you would be good enough to vote for her to help put her in No 1 spot - the other girls tout for votes in the same way.

Many Vic regulars are all voting daily to help her, but it needs a bit more of a push. The web address is http://www.crossbow-calendars.com/model_comp.htm If this is not the thing you would normally do, we do understand, so please don't be offended and sorry for pestering you. If you don''t mind helping, her name is now Venka as she was afraid at the time of putting her real name in, cant understand why as she is the only girl topless. You can vote daily if you have the time and the inclination, when on the page just skip everything else other than Venka and press submit at the bottom, if your short of time, regards. John
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Anyone off to the Vic this thursday night?? off work this week so will e able to have a ride out and one of these legendary chip butties (beats the hell out of me cooking) let me know.

Ian
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
simon t

Post by simon t »

Hey Ian, I'll be up there for sure. Put a face to a name and maybe plan Storm Gathering. Was at another biker pub last nite, the Railway only a few miles from the Vic, watching looney R1s doing 100mph wheelies. Mad!

Everybody: I've spoken to the Vic. June is looking good apart from w/e 19-20 when its Moxters of Rock (tribute bands) when it'll be chocca.

So, I'd put w/e 26/27 June as first choice or maybe 12/13 unless we're superstitious. Can we please have a vote on preferences. If no one votes I'll be a Nazi and decide for you! :twisted:

Plan would be to camp if you want on Saturday nite and get legless. Up bright and early (not) Sunday, big breakfast and pull everyone together about 10.30 - 11.00.

I have an idea for a route which, whilst not having the epic qualities of Scotland or the Dales, should give a bit of a challenge. Idea would be to drop in at Donington and Mallory for a fag break on the way. Should be around 1 1/2 hours and do-able with a tankful. Finish back at Vic.

Any further ideas or comments would be gratefully received.

Simon
EggShellBlond

Post by EggShellBlond »

Hey up Lads

I can nip over Thursday night after work , be there about 7 ish ??( Might be able to swing an early exit :?: )
Have a chat about best weekend then, OK?

I'll be coming down thru Donnington , its a cracking road :D

Stu
If a job's worth doing..........It's worth paying someone to do it properly
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Splendid, will aim to get there for about 7 myself.
Needless to say that if it's pissing down I wont be there as I'm a big girls blouse these days!!!!!!

Ian
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
tattie

Post by tattie »

The w/e 26-27 probably suits me better as I hope to have cleared a backlog in my work schedule by then, also it is the week before our holidays and for the first year in 10 I hope to be winding down prior to the break. Not like previous years working 16 hour days for the last week.

Cheers

A.M.
Common sense ain't all that common!
MDJ

Damn you all to HELLL!!!!

Post by MDJ »

You northeners seem to have all the fun "I'll be coming past Donnington, its a cracking road" BET IT IS! :x :( don't worry bout me, must be a L L L Lon don thing.....
tony.wilde1

meet up

Post by tony.wilde1 »

how about just a south meet up then?im half way between brighton and london..got boxhill 12miles away.could be good ?what yer reckon?must be loads of vtrs here that are in the south?thats if anyone will ride next to me and my off yellow wheels :oops: hehe!
MDJ

Yes!

Post by MDJ »

I'm usually at box hill on a Sunday so that would sound like a goa! Nice We'll ave to sort summit out! Off home soon so spk oon here tomorrow.... 8) We'll have to start a "Southeners meet Thread" (Northeners ripe for a thrashin are all welcome!