storm Vs TL1000

General Bike chat
bikerman

storm Vs TL1000

Post by bikerman »

Which do you reckon is faster? I had a TL, i now have a storm, for some reason the storm feels faster even though its down on power!!
Beamish

Re: storm Vs TL1000

Post by Beamish »

Ask Mellis :D Sorry thats a low blow.............. The TL should wipe the floor with a Storm. I personally wouldnt touch one with yours though.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
bandsawman

Post by bandsawman »

Forget the speed comparison - what about comparing their looks....

.... for me the Firestorm wins hands down!
Going anywhere in a car is a journey, going anywhere on a bike is an adventure!
Frontslide

Post by Frontslide »

Id love an original (pre-tamed)TLS 8O
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

Beamish wrote:Ask Mellis :D

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

No fookin way the TL is slower, even when geaboxes give up! The TL is a lot less comfortable, and a lot more extreme.
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Had both and preferred each for different reasons. Overall I thought the VTR was the better bike-but the TL would pummel it in a straight line :evil:

The TL engine (what year was yours bm?) was better than the VTR's for free revving power. The VTR's is thumpier/gruntier and better in some respects for lazy road riding.

I also like the looks of the TLS FS-looked like a punched up VTR :biggrin The TLR was a different kettle of fish.

Mellis has had a stinker :(

I would'nt have one again unless it was bargain basement price and in the right nick. TLS's will be a future classic-the early reg full power models anyway.
SP1's rock!
Frontslide

Post by Frontslide »

Jbrebel wrote:Had both and preferred each for different reasons. Overall I thought the VTR was the better bike-but the TL would pummel it in a straight line :evil:

The TL engine (what year was yours bm?) was better than the VTR's for free revving power. The VTR's is thumpier/gruntier and better in some respects for lazy road riding.

I also like the looks of the TLS FS-looked like a punched up VTR :biggrin The TLR was a different kettle of fish.

Mellis has had a stinker :(

I would'nt have one again unless it was bargain basement price and in the right nick. TLS's will be a future classic-the early reg full power models anyway.
Agreed