lcd clock / voltmeter

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
siggy

lcd clock / voltmeter

Post by siggy »

Hi All

following a blown rectifier (see earlier post :D) I decided to fit a voltmeter.
I came across a '5 function clock / voltmeter' on the web.
The company was in the us of a - anyways, ordered it last Tues and a week latter it plopped on the mat. Haven't fitted it yet, but for those interested here's the link I found :

http://www.casporttouring.com

Go to the store & search for clock.

I have no connection to the company - just thought it looked like a good product & hadn't been able to find anything like it in the UK - Now just wait, someone'll know where to get one in the UK for a quid :D

Pete
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

How cool is that?

So how much was it inc post&packing coz at the current exchange rate $26 is about 65pence!!
:lol:

Ben
ex-viffer

Post by ex-viffer »

I've got the three-function one on my Storm, and it was a real boon when diagnosing charging problems (I fitted it before replacing the R/R).
Mine is mounted on suction cups on the underside of the screen, with a three-pin nylon automotive connector so's I can take it off to wash the bike or when it's pissing down with rain.
One thing to be aware of - the wires are very thin, and can break where they enter the unit. I covered mine in insulation stripped from a thicker piece of wire, then enlarged the hole in the case where the wires enter, so the insulation was clamped by the case.
Another thing you may notice - the backlighting and battery charge lights are not very apparent when in sunlight, or when wearing sunglasses (which I do most of the time, as I like to ride with the visor open).

Here's a pic or two:
http://community.webshots.com/album/88297322swwFNk
- Ian in EnZed
(Red 97 FireStorm with Dynojet kit, APE camchain tensioners, bafflectomy+ploogs, UniFilter, GenMar risers, Avon Azaros, 90/130W headlight, digital clock/voltmeter), Braided s/steel lines.
siggy

Post by siggy »

If I remember right p&p was about $15
siggy

Post by siggy »

Only problem is that it doesn't fit in the cockpit anywhere.
Bu**er! :cry:
So, I'm gonna have to make somesort of bracket I guess. :?

Pete
Max

Post by Max »

I ordered one last week and it arrived yesterday. it will fit under the speedo with a small bracket. Siggy have you got a double bubble screen as it might give the clearance above the clocks. I haven't got a db and it only just won't fit.

Max
ex-viffer

Post by ex-viffer »

siggy wrote:Only problem is that it doesn't fit in the cockpit anywhere.
Bu**er! :cry:
So, I'm gonna have to make somesort of bracket I guess. :?

Pete
That was my initial thought too, which is why I mounted it on the underside of the screen, using two suction cups from a car sunscreen, and a couple of aluminium brackets with the velcro tabs stuck to them.
Someone on the Superhawk site undid the fake allen head bolt and mounted a bracket there. That was my first plan, but I think my solution is better (for me) as I can easily remove the meter for washing the bike (I don't think the meter will be very waterproof).
- Ian in EnZed
(Red 97 FireStorm with Dynojet kit, APE camchain tensioners, bafflectomy+ploogs, UniFilter, GenMar risers, Avon Azaros, 90/130W headlight, digital clock/voltmeter), Braided s/steel lines.