VTR - SV - Falco - Millie

General Bike chat
balls

VTR - SV - Falco - Millie

Post by balls »

Been thinking about a change Shall I keep the vtr or go over to a sv or falco/ Milie , still want a v twin . Any thoughts on any of these alternatives :?
Beamish

Re: VTR - SV - Falco - Millie

Post by Beamish »

Sv wont provide anything out of the ordinary but if you really must swap, the Falco would be the one to go for. Still not much in the way of pros or cons over the VTR IMO
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

The main prob with the VTR is the standard suspension. Get that sorted and it'll be just as good (if slightly different) as the others.

The TL based engine is quicker than the VTR's. With the SV they gutted it slightly though so it's not as good as the older engine...The SV will probably feel more taught to ride and more revvy than the VTR.

The Mille is a good bike but quite top heavy (the early models anyway) and it's defo more sporty than the VTR.

The Falco is the best of that bunch imo. Decent tank range, reasonable suspension, better mix of sports and touring + it's just more modern than the Honda. It's a bit less common as the jap bikes and it'll have no issues keeping with a Mille.

All in all not much in it like Jim says.
SP1's rock!
lee67

Post by lee67 »

sv all the way...try one u wont be disapointed..they handle on rails'....falco and mille..nah..rather have vtr...my sv isnt(was) too dissimilar to my tl1000 i had, very very similar infact..150 miles to light aint bad too..best bet is to try em all m8 and ...U DECIDE :wink:
Beast

Post by Beast »

Also thinking about a change just recently... but really not sure what to go for... 8)
Just need something a bit more modern. :)
balls

Post by balls »

I like the falco and there is a aprilla dealer 5 miles away plus they can be had for not to much money, The sv looks more modern and looks good from the front , on the down side would not get a lot for me storm .
:?
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

That’s the problem I found when I looked at PX'ing mine over 3 years ago...

2000 W with less than 16000 miles 2 prior owners...tidy bike with lots of decent extras-although it was teal :biggrin

I got more for my standard TL1000S on a S plate with 6 prior owners and 32,000 miles last May 8O

Storms are good value for the buyer but bad for the seller :( If you're fancying something new you have to cut your losses at some point though :wink:
SP1's rock!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Neil, you really need to sell your bike privately first, as a dealer won't be offering you very much for it.

Also as already been said, you need to test ride any bike you're thinking about first. Personally for reliability I'd say you would be better off sticking with any of the big four Japanese manufactures IMHO.

Good luck with it,

Chris.
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

I'd sort of agree with that Timbo.

My VTR PX was against a SP2 at £5300 though and I still got more for my TL against a Buell which was less than half that 8O

I think it depends also on the dealership and kudos/desirability of the bike you're part exchanging.

One of the reasons I got offered less on my VTR was also down to the fact the dealership already had 2 on the forecourt they couldn't shift them. Both were tidy bikes too.

When I went in with the TL they bit my hand off as they new it'd go more or less asap-which it did :?

Swings and roundabouts I suppose.
SP1's rock!
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

:lol:

Good work Tim!
SP1's rock!
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Heh heh the dealer I bought my SP off thought I had paid £9200 for the Blade :D Hence getting back pretty much what I paid for it....... Anyhoo getting off topic really. We will all give an opinion that will probably be biased towards our own experiences. Buy with your instinct and **ck the consequences, bikers are ruled by the heart not the head. If you open your garage and dont love what you see you will always regret it . All the bikes fill the twin criteria and apart from the mille they are the same genre of bike. Taste all three and see what you think.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
balls

Post by balls »

Just out of interest might stick a add in the paper if it sells ok if not not to worried as I will still have a cracking bike to ride
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

balls wrote:Just out of interest might stick a add in the paper if it sells ok if not not to worried as I will still have a cracking bike to ride
It's certainly the right time of the year for selling a bike. Definitely worth a try Neil IMHO,

Chris.
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

balls wrote:Just out of interest might stick a add in the paper if it sells ok if not not to worried as I will still have a cracking bike to ride
Can't hurt to give it a go mate :)
SP1's rock!