Want to cry. my life is knakered

General Bike chat
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: Want to cry. my life is knakered

Post by sirch345 »

Really good too hear from you Marty, it can't have been easy :!:

Very pleased you had some yummy young nurses looking after you, rather than some old battle axes (no not Bridgestones :wink: :) ).

Thinking of you often bro, and how you and Norma are trying to manage :!:

Chris.

PS.Thanks to you Norma for your latest posts.
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

:thumbup: Top post Marty!

It's good to hear from you.

John
SP1's rock!
kevg

Post by kevg »

Glad to hear your home Marty, take it easy mate.
cheerz

kev
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Well done Marty. I'll bet it's nice to be back behind your own doors again.
Can't wait to see how that voice recognition software turns out. After all the... localisms in your posts I can't help but imagine a very strong Scottish accent every time I read some thing of yours and I keep getting this image of the computer saying 'I cannie undistan ye. Speak inglish for gawds sake' every time you input something :lol:
Have a good day
Pete
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
theflyingpig

Post by theflyingpig »

Nice one Pete :clap:

There are so many packages to choose from, and although Martin can be very elegant when need be, he has a gift for accents, so it might be Scottish, West Country (cider land), Cockney, Irish (North and South). I reckon the software hasn't got a hope, and all it will say is, "out of cheese error, rebot from start".

Nx
' :@
theflyingpig

Post by theflyingpig »

Time for an update.

This weekend has been a bit of a nightmare, with the Doctor being called early hours Saturday and yes an ambulance early hours Sunday. Don't worry though, he's OK, but sleep depravation is torture. I think over the past five days, we have both had about the same amount of hours sleep.

Any Sunday was the worst day. The paremedics arrived and gave him some oxygen, there was talk about taking him back into hospital but before the medics could take him straight to a ward, they had to get an admission slip from a Doctor. The out of hours Doc, needing to come out and assess Martin first. However, on the way here the Doc and driver crashed, yes a deer came at them and the car flipped over. After that it was a few calls to discuss what was happening, and finally a prescription written for some other meds to try to help. This meant a pick up in Perth (45 minutes away), and I said I'd need to wait until Martin's cousin arrived around midday. Next thing I know the prescription was being hand delivered and I was able to go into Blair to pick up the script, which saved at least 3 hours in total.

Today after a visit from the GP, things swung into action. She arranged for oxygen and more meds to be delivered, yes delivered by the chemist (thank you Davidsons), and from now on they will deliver all prescirptions. We also got a visit from the wheelchair man, to customise his wheels a bit more, so he would actually fit into the chair (skinny bugger that he is), and we are awaiting a new back rest so once in it he will hopefully be more comfortable.

Just waiting for the Marie Curie nurse to arrive and she will sit with Martin all night, so as soon as I've shown her where everything is and how to use the cough assist machine, I'm hitting the spare room and I'm looking forward to getting a good uninterrupted night of sleep. Hopefully Martin will get the same.

Love to all.

Nx
kevg

Post by kevg »

Tuesday, .....i hope you both got the sleep you need.

sounds like you are getting some good assistance from everyone around you, every little helps.
say hi to the big man from me, nik and the kids.
cheerz

kev
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

That is impressive service :clap:
A bit of rest can make all the difference and having someone else on hand must be very reasuring.
Hope the Doc was okay. I'll bet that shook him up a bit :eek2
Get some Z's chick
stay strong, you need to look afteryourself too remember.

Pete
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Hope things get a little better through the week Norma.

Keep up the good work, we're all thinking about you both.

John
SP1's rock!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Thanks for the update Norma.
Talk about it never rains less it pours as the saying goes certainly fits the bill :!: I hope the Doctor is OK too, and hope you both manage to get some sleep.

Definitely good service from the chemist and well done to the Doctor for arranging that, one less thing for you to be having to think about.

Thinking about you both often,

Chris.
theflyingpig

Post by theflyingpig »

Well plan B had to be kicked in today :thumbdown:

I got some good sleep last night, although who asked for me around 3am. Martin got about 3 maybe 4 hourse sleep, not enough, so plan B was for him to go back into hospital.

The district nurse came for blood today and she convinced Martin this would be the best course of action for him. The Marie Curie nurse had given her a call this morning with an update so this really prompted the Doc to keep the bed open at Blairgowrie Cottage Hospital.

So he is now in for at least a week, this is to give them a chance to sort out his meds so when he comes home, his sleeping patterns will be as normal as they can be, and he can get could sleep withough worrying about his breathing and anxiety levels.

For all in the area, he is in Ward 1, visiting is 2pm-4.30pm, and 6pm to 8pm. As always the nurses are fab and I can go as and when I want and they understand I'm hands on anyway. At least here they have shown me how to use the sluce, so don't need to call a nurse when his pee bottle needs disposed off :lol:

Just got to fire off a few emails, then I'm hitting the sack. I've warned him to not call on me during the night, cause even 8miles away I'll probably still hear him. :wtf:

love to all.
Nx
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

Good on you girl, Nice to hear your keeping a sence of humour in these difficult times...All the very best to you both.

regards ChrisC
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

What a shame. I know nothing beats the comfort of your own home. Let's hope they can balance his pills and get him comfortable quickly.
Tell him to get practicing those accents, I'm especially interested in the west country one , being a bit of a pasty head myself :wink: Love to know how it translates once you get the software sorted.

Pete.l
theflyingpig

Post by theflyingpig »

Well Guys and Gals

Looks like the MND is progressing faster than anyone has expected. The good news is that he will be home either Monday or Tuesday, unfortunately his chest muscles have deteriorated to an extent where he can't have a deep breath in. A special machine is now being used to force air into his lungs and its quite something to get used to. The result of the air being forced is that he gets enough O2 in and can expell enough CO2 to keep his gases level, and he can sleep. Within 5 minutes of getting used to it and some weird headgear and his Jacob Marley look (answers on a post card as to what and whom I am referring to), he is sleeping. Within 30minutes he is in REM sleep, and as we know you got to dream or you're not rested.

So fingers crossed that he's got some good dreams, he certainly deserves it. No doubt good dreams might involve 2 Japanese Babes in tartan mini skirts, sitting astride his favourite mistress (I think that was the Firestorm, before it kicked him off).

Well thats it for now, lets see what the weekend brings.

Love to all.
Nx
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Good news on the sleep, bad news on the MND. Wouldnt mind a couple of those Japanese girls my self sat astride my SP. Mmmmmnnn little kilts............long boots........... stop.......now look what you have made me do! Keep us informed.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'