Tesco Bike insurance comparison

Best deals in town
Ernie Cooley

Tesco Bike insurance comparison

Post by Ernie Cooley »

Was with Bennetts who put my premium up 100% even though I had no claims in the past year, they wanted £320 TPFF

Used the Tesco comparison site and managed to get a policy for £208, multibike fully comp, with Simply Insurance.

I'm a new rider with 1 yrs no claims and only held a licence for 2 years too.
tony.mon

Re: Tesco Bike insurance comparison

Post by tony.mon »

FirestormMike wrote:Won't be long before lee's along telling us how he gets paid for insuring his bike from his brokers, because he lives in a cave in the middle of nowhere.

All bikers have to go to Nowhere sometimes, Mike, some even live there.

This is so that half-asleep reps (on the phone to their next client to tell them they're gonna be late) can say:

"He came from nowhere, officer".

Although how they know that remains a mystery, as they don't seem to know what direction we were travelling in as we arrived at the scene of the accident.

They do know we were going too fast, though, (as otherwise we would have arrived some time after the dozy can't had left the area, obviously).
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Hankie

Post by Hankie »

That Tesco site seems b*llocks to me, went through the process of putting all my info in and it comes up with the best 3 quotes FC all around £136. OK sounds good, so click 'buy online' and have to tick more boxes to confirm details I already put in, then it comes up with another quote £10 to £60 more than the first quote, with much bigger excess (£500 FFS). I'll have to phone them in the morning to find out WTF is going on.

edit: went with Dial Direct in the end, £149 FC with only 1yr NCB so not bad. £200 excess. Cheaper than the £278 last year anyway.
pariah

Post by pariah »

used tesco last year and this. Found direct choice who quoted F/C this year 105 quid plus 32 full break down cover. Not bad in my opinion, :thumbup:
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

i use the post office, started doing bike insurance last yr, my renewal this yr for the SP fully comp with pnc, £116 :thumbup:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Wow!
Good shout Marra. I'll have to give them a go when mine runs out. I think that's about half what I'm paying and I've got twenty two years no claims :thumbup: Not that they let me use it all :mad2

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

post office use devitts, i went on devitts site at renewall time thinking i could get it cheaper! tight git :lol: ) and they where £48 dearer!! :? so feck knows how that works! must add im 41 this yr with full NCB
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

I used to be 41 yrs old with full no claims too.
Now I'm just older :wink:

Guess I must live in a rough area 8O

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal