VTRgirl

General Biker Banter
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Re: VTRgirl

Post by Pete.L »

Ahh!
Good find. I kind of remember now. He was tempted by the 4 wheel, silver, shiney side. I'll bet there was a woman involved with that descision somewhere :wink:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

I'm here. I'm here. Always nice to know I've been missed (or just wondered about...)

Yes, I deserve a medal for ultra-slackness, but it's so good to see so many of you haven't changed! (even though so many have deserted the Storm for nasty green bikes - Perhaps the reason one's face goes green before one pukes came about from a reflection caused by Kawasaki...)

And yes, I had a weeny off last Thursday (12th) when the driver of a prime mover took personal offence & swerved in with the only summisable aim to pancake me under his back wheels. The bike faired pretty well (bent clutch lever & a few very small scratches to the left pipe, handle-bar & mirror) & I'll be right as rain in a few more days. Was en route from work first thing in the morning (yes "from" - 12 hour night duty) & had pulled up at a busy intersection, waiting to turn right. Big line of trucks coming the other way & I thought I'd go for it in a gap. Changed my mind & pulled up (still 90% in my lane), but the truck-driver gave me a mammoth glare & the big evil head-shake before swerving in at me. If he'd kept going along the line he was on, he would've missed me easily by at least a foot & a half. I had no choice but to bail out to my left before he took me under the back wheels. Leant as far as I could, but it wasn't far enough. I dropped the bike & did my ankle in. He kept going (no doubt with a very smug look on his face) & nobody else stopped. Luckily, Mr Adrenaline helped me to pick up the Storm & push it to the other side of the intersection. I was vaguely aware I was limping, but again thanks to the adrenaline, had no pain. Managed to start'er up & head off. I still had about 40k of motorway & 15 of beautiful twisties to finish the trip. The pain set in after about 5 minutes & when I got home (after some rather agonising gear-changes), I just pulled up at the garage & stayed there. Couldn't get off, back up or anything. Luckily Incy (my Mr Perfect & also a Stormer) was home & came to my rescue. It was at this point that I did the girlie thing & completely lost the plot.

Incy took me to the local hospital for x-rays (after we managed to get me up into the mega-lifted hilux) & all was well fracture-wise. Later on, Incy headed back (along those beautiful twisties) to pick-up a Workers Comp certficiate for me & got clocked at 146 in a 100 zone (instant loss of licence), but the nice Mr Plod dropped it down to 30 over. (This was on my bike, since his is currently indisposed...) Later that night, he went out to the shed for something & discovered the rear had gone flat too, so when it comes down to it, I had a pretty crap day, but my precious little VTR had a more adventure-filled one!

So no complaints really - except that schmuck DELIBERATELY went for me. Considering how it could've been, things turned out really well.

Other than that, we're completely settled in "the outback" :p & with 7 acres, we've got plenty of room for any Stormers who turn up for a visit :D I've got a big commute to work, but it's usually a pleasure.

And just to rub it in, we were trackside at Phillip Island to watch little Casey keep Rossi at bay for the GP :clap:

And now I've got a week to sit around on my fat butt (at 85% pay), doing nothing, courtesy of Workers Comp!
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

It's good too hear from you Cecily, although under different circumstances would have been better, but after reading your post it appears you're very lucky to still be here. Also lucky not to break any bones.

The bike doesn't seem to have come off too bad either.

The adrenaline certainly helped you by the sounds of it, so that was good, now you know how the racers manage to continue after an off.

Glad too hear you're both completely settled in the outback, it must be brilliant to have seven acres of your own to do what you like on (well within reason :) ). That makes me think of all the farm land my two brothers and myself had around us when we were growing up, it was ideal for off-road bikes and cars :thumbup:

It must have been brilliant to watch the Moto GP at Phillip Island, not that I'm envious or anything :wink:

Wishing you a speedy recovery Cecily, and don't leave it so long next time before you speak to us again :wink:

Take care now,

Chris.
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

sirch345 wrote:Glad too hear you're both completely settled in the outback, it must be brilliant to have seven acres of your own to do what you like on (well within reason :) ).
I don't know about the "within reason" bit... It's around 33 degrees here today & our pool is nice & secluded :biggrin

Incy's been at me for a back-hoe or a tractor since we moved in. I'm well aware that a dirt-bike track is wayyyy up there on the priority list!

Maybe one day I'll be able to meet that truckie again & I'll have the opportunity to run up his heels with a shopping trolley or something...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

VTRgirl wrote: I don't know about the "within reason" bit... It's around 33 degrees here today & our pool is nice & secluded :biggrin

Incy's been at me for a back-hoe or a tractor since we moved in. I'm well aware that a dirt-bike track is wayyyy up there on the priority list!

Maybe one day I'll be able to meet that truckie again & I'll have the opportunity to run up his heels with a shopping trolley or something...
Here in the UK you can't do what you like if you own a piece of land, IE. if you wanted to build on it, you would need the council's permission first, and that's something you don't always get. That had been my train of thought in the back of my mind when I said "within reason".

It's hard to imagine you having 33 degrees, when here in the UK it's around 13 degrees, although 13 is good for November normally it's more like 7 degrees. But then you are in your summer while we're in out winter :)
It must be great to have you own pool, even more so with it being secluded :wink:

I'm sure a dirt track would be really good, but in 33 degrees even I'd prefer a pool :D

I'm sure that truckie will get his comeuppance.

Chris.
storminateacup

Post by storminateacup »

Welcome back Twinnie glad you survived the off. Hope to see more of your (tales from the hinterland) posts again. Stay safe. Good luck with the track.
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

:D Yay! Twinnie's back :D
and there I was thinking you'd got yourself a new man and just dumped us :lol:

Glad you've got off lightly with your recent excursion. I guess 85% pay is better than nought and as you have a pool and excellent weather you best get some hydro-therapy before it's back to work and the mundane of normal life. It'd be a shame to waste your recovery time with odd jobs around the place :wink2
Good to hear from you Cecily, even if I'm not speaking to you any more after your Philip Island dig :p

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
goody

Post by goody »

VTRgirl wrote: I don't know about the "within reason" bit... It's around 33 degrees here today & our pool is nice & secluded :biggrin

Pictures please or it does not happen!
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

Nice to hear that you are still alive down there!! A mate of mine has just transferred to the Oz Army and is living in Townsville!!?? He says it is great apart from the spiders, snakes, box jellyfish and other things that sting/eat you!!

Sorry to hear about your accident, that is a real pain, but at least you are alright. Take care

Mark
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Congrats on the Dad thing Mellis! Clearly you've been up to mischief since I've been away... I took the easy way out & just grabbed the step-kids option instead :P

Sorry to hear about your mate. Townsville sucks. I can't imagine going there from Pommyland! They're a zillion kms north of us, so heap hotter & we're all having record-breaking temps at the mo', sometimes as much as by 5 degrees. You can go riding in the middle of the night in shorts & a singlet & get burnt, just from the hot air!

Goody, be careful what you wish for. Photos of me in a pool (with or without clothes) are not something you want to see. They'd most likely be circulated around the email world under the heading Greenpeace or something... (and yes, I have seen "that one" & no, it's not me :wtf:

I'll add right down here at the bottom with the hope that most of you have tired & stopped reading by now, that I stacked again a couple of days ago! Ran up the butt of an SS Commodore ute when everyone piled-up due to a moron turning across double lines. Managed to stay up & no damage to speak of. I'm just hoping these things really don't come in threes! 17 years I've been riding & apart from these two little bumps, all I've had was a low speed slide around a corner due to cold tyres. Maybe I could count that as my third... Either way, I'm planning on keeping it at that!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

VTRgirl wrote: I'll add right down here at the bottom with the hope that most of you have tired & stopped reading by now, that I stacked again a couple of days ago! Ran up the butt of an SS Commodore ute when everyone piled-up due to a moron turning across double lines. Managed to stay up & no damage to speak of. I'm just hoping these things really don't come in threes! 17 years I've been riding & apart from these two little bumps, all I've had was a low speed slide around a corner due to cold tyres. Maybe I could count that as my third... Either way, I'm planning on keeping it at that!
Stone the crows VTRgirl, do take care out there,

Chris.
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

VTRgirl wrote:Congrats on the Dad thing Mellis! Clearly you've been up to mischief since I've been away...
I don't know what you mean :shifty:
mark052003

Post by mark052003 »

Sounds like you have been on Ipswich rd with all the road works !! :mad2
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Timbo wrote:
VTRgirl wrote:Clearly you've been up to mischief since I've been away...
Jesus Cecily!! you sound like my ex wife :) Sex is mischief !!! :thumbdown: :biggrin
:lol: :lol:

It couldn't have been all bad Tim, after all you have got four daughters :thumbup:

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

:lol:
Well Tim, I'd say three out of four is pretty good :thumbup:

when two out of three ain't bad, according the song anyway :)

Chris.