Repsol Storm ...

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
Geordie

Repsol Storm ...

Post by Geordie »

Hello
Been thinkin.
Needing new tyres, needing wheels sprayed / powdercoated.
Needing new discs, well one anyway.
and cant decide how to get wheels painted / coated dark inside with polished rims, like originals, SO,
might just get the whole kaboodle decked out with a Repsol livery like a 2008 CBR...

Any thoughts ? :thumbup: or :thumbdown:
I quite like it .. Of course i have done the searches of this and other forums and still quite like the idea.
So questions are, do you think there is enough fairing for the word repsol to fit correctly to line up with the seat and the rear seat panel ? without looking naf .. ?
The base colour is actually dark metallic blue, quite nice in itself, so spray whole bike that first, then decal city ??
Or do you get the oranges sprayed onto base coat (blue ) then just the white repsol decal over the join if your catching my drift ... ??
Wheels obviously flourescent orange, well maybe just orange .. ?
Add VTR decals again, just in case folks think its a CBR ... :roll:

Cheers

George
Geordie

Re: Repsol Storm ...

Post by Geordie »

oh aye,

where do you get hold of the paint codes for the orange colours ?
Take it the blue will be on the plate on a repsol bike as the 'offical' colour ?

Any ideas discussion / slagging much welcomed .. !
George
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

My 2p worth is that bike colour(s) schemes or race replica kits are very much an individual choice.

So if a Repsol Storm is what you want then I say go for it :thumbup:

Chris.
Geordie

Post by Geordie »

yes i imagine it is something you either love or hate .. !
still undecided.
to me it all depends on whether i can get enough of the fairing to write the repsol on .. not really enough fairing on the storm to make it look as it should i guess.
Im going to mask up the fairing and see what it might look like.
Have actually seen a few pics of a repsol storm on the net, but had the old scheme, the newer 2008 scheme is pretty good, might suit the storm better.
Had a llok at those decal sets, anybody bought sucha thing is the quality good ? How easy is it to cut and stick on ? Im guessing you get 1 shot at it or does it work like the airfix transfers with water so you can move them about before they finally stick ?

Cheers guys

George
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

Geordie wrote:How easy is it to cut and stick on ? Im guessing you get 1 shot at it or does it work like the airfix transfers with water so you can move them about before they finally stick ?

Cheers guys

George
George - they are usually adhesive (there are water slide ones made - but usually very much for the classic bike market) - and would be a one shot - but, the trick is to mist the bodywork with water very lightly... You can skate them into the final position, squeegee the water out and "Bobs your Uncle..."
=====================================================

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

=====================================================
Geordie

Post by Geordie »

Have another idea that might make the look a bit better ?
Can you fit an Sp1 /2 or any other fairings to the Storm without too much fannying about ?
Ebay are selling these ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-VT ... ccessories

as long as the radiators are able to function and i can make mountings, i would imagine it could work .. ? Probably just need the side and front panels. Get tank painted with code YR181, wheels YR250. Seat panels prob need to spray base coat metallic blue then adapt a decal set ..
Any ideas folks ?

George
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I have seen (online) an SP fairing fitted to a Firestorm so it can be done, but can't see it being that straight forward myself. Not a lot of help I know :wink:

Chris.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

sirch345 wrote:I have seen (online) an SP fairing fitted to a Firestorm so it can be done, but can't see it being that straight forward myself. Not a lot of help I know :wink:

Chris.
I knew I had also seen an firestorm with an SP fairing on the USA Forums, so I went and had another look.

Try this link
http://superhawkforum.com/forums/showth ... ht=fairing
AMcQ
tonyb

Post by tonyb »

i would stay away from these fairings from china the plastics are of a reasonable quality and the spray job looks superb but the paint is really soft and stone chips and scratches destroys the finish in no time, and fitting fairings from another bike usually means a bit of choping and changing which needs to be done before any spray work is carried out
Geordie

Post by Geordie »

yeah thought that, there is a company in uk retailing them is it moto decals or something, anyway going to get hold of an sp side fairing and see what would be involved
another thing is the cost of headlights quite expensive ill weigh it all up and see whether I can be arsed ! if its a no then think ill just stick with what I've got get the wheels coated silver !
watch this space ha

George
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Geordie wrote:yeah thought that, there is a company in uk retailing them is it moto decals or something, anyway going to get hold of an sp side fairing and see what would be involved
another thing is the cost of headlights quite expensive ill weigh it all up and see whether I can be arsed ! if its a no then think ill just stick with what I've got get the wheels coated silver !
watch this space ha

George
Yes, do keep us posted George on whatever you end up doing. I'll be interested to hear what you decide,

Chris.
Geordie

Post by Geordie »

Been bletherin of two different threads about this but this is the best place for this ...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/honda-VTR1000-fir ... 23046975b7

Actually looks pretty smart. Standard fairings. mmm

Although I think it would be even better on the Mario fairings .. is it worth the 500 quid plus painting or just copy this bike .. ? or just buy it be done with it .. ha !

George
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

The Repsol looks pretty good from dream machine but what about something along the lines of this

Or Rothmans

I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Geordie

Post by Geordie »

yeah love the look of the older bikes . . possibilities are endless !