Re: Feeling left out, so i went and did it too :)

General Bike chat
lee67

Post by lee67 »

he's just been to court finally turned up for 3rd hearing!!....7 counts of dangerous driving...cps started to real off the evidence inc 5 witness statements!!..he went white, spoke to his solicitor who approached the judge....judge reset heraing for 2 weeks time so he could consider his plea!!..finally something happening....our solicitor/cps/police reckon BIG PAYOUT...u will know when i turn up on a bmw 1200 :biggrin
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

Only just caught up with your thread Tim, Is it to late to have a guess......ariel arrow ! seriously though that's one nice lookin piece of kit
Ride safe ChrisC
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Timbo wrote:
iggy1966 wrote:Timbo,

Thanks to you I will be going shopping this weekend, anyone want to buy a Bonneville :D

:thumbup: Dont go near Jacksons Superbikes in Yeadon, dodgy deals going on there. If he offers u a CB1300S, run like the wind!!

I would buy your bonnie in a flash mate if i had the money, i fooking love that bike!!!
I fooking love that bike too, just in the process of looking at keeping it and buying something else to have as a stable mate, keep you informed if/when it happens. :D
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
SILVER ZIPPER

Post by SILVER ZIPPER »

I wonder if the paint will dry on this one before he flog's it. :lol:

Nice buy Timbo.
I HATE IT WHEN I HAVE TO PUT IT AWAY........
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

I like it :clap: Just two things that I am not sure about....

1. An extra cylinder
2. The other extra cylinder.

:biggrin :biggrin :biggrin

Look fwd to seeing it in the flesh through my rear view mirror :biggrin
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
adamtk

Post by adamtk »

Nice one Tim

The S really does look differant well thefront does lol
Fair play i really really really really really want an SP-2

AND FOR ALL THOSE WHO COMMENTED. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH HARLEYS I LOVE MY SON TO BITS LOL

Hopefully have a ride out soon Tim or when your passing brum i owe you a drink still.

Adam
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window. 
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Timbo wrote:I think i am going to leave the extra 2 unwanted cylinders, i have a feeling it may need them when showing you a clean pair of heels :)
Fighting talk! :Boxing: :lol:
SP1's rock!
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

adamtk wrote:i really really really really really want an SP-2
Get one bought mate. After another 3 hours "testing" today all I can say is outstanding :P They are soooooo good.

Its ace (although mines a SP1) and it pulled more of a crowd than the 09 R1 parked next to it :lol:
SP1's rock!
adamtk

Post by adamtk »

What's an R1?
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window. 
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Timbo wrote:
Beamish wrote:I like it :clap: Just two things that I am not sure about....

1. An extra cylinder
2. The other extra cylinder.

:biggrin :biggrin :biggrin

Look fwd to seeing it in the flesh through my rear view mirror :biggrin
None so righteous as the reformed eh jim? Not so long ago, you were singing the praises on the IL4, listen to you now :)

I think i am going to leave the extra 2 unwanted cylinders, i have a feeling it may need them when showing you a clean pair of heels :)
Still would sing the praises of an IL4, they are smooth, economical and extremely fast (well the Blade anyway) but you better look into getting the shitehawk turbo boost mod if you want to challenge SP's :p
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
kevg

Post by kevg »

Well done Tim looks good...very shiney, 8)
cheerz

kev
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Nice one Tim :thumbup: I can fully appreciate how you wanted some wind protection, well more than what you had on the earlier CB1300.

Being used to a retro bike myself (Suzuki GSthou) for many years I couldn't believe how good it felt when I got the Storm, with it having a fairing. Sooo much nicer having that protection from the wind. I have had bikes before with a fairing, but it was so long ago I'd forgotten what they were like in comparison to a bike without one.

Enjoy your new machine Tim,

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Timbo wrote: Cheers Chris.

To be honest, the fly screen helped a lot on the naked CB, but it wasnt the same as a fairing, albeit only half a fairing :) It more sort of deflected the wind, whereas the fairing is more protection.

Thinking i will stick with this one for a while, though i said that about the last one. I just know i should have bought an S to start with, serves me right for not thinking it through more.
Tim,
I remember you saying the fly screen being some help with deflecting the wind, but not quite in the same league as a half fairing by the sounds of it.

Easy to say you should have bought the "S" version in the first place, with hind sight being a wonderful thing and all that, but at least you've got there now :thumbup:

I'll make a note of when you got this bike, just in case eh :D

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Tim,
Well at least you got out, that's more than I have this year yet. The last outing for me was 13 Dec 09.

If a £40 fly screen made that much difference then yes well worth it I agree.

Regarding your Cambell exhaust. I would have said it's most likely due to the leaky joint that your old CB was popping and banging (as you say in No.2), more so than the difference in temperature, but best do as you say Tim, see what it's like when the weather warms up.

Chris.
Zakalwe

Post by Zakalwe »

Tim, I'd be surprised if the PC made any difference to the insurance (though I guess it might depend on the insurer). I have a PC, can, WP shock, levers, screen, rearsets-all notified to the insco and it didn't change the policy one bit.

Fit it and get it mapped....it will make a hell of a difference. Get Andy Martindale at Junction 33 Dyno centre to do it. It will be well worth the difference.
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem