From kitchen to back yard

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: From kitchen to back yard

Post by sirch345 »

Rick,

Seeing as you asked, yes I do like marmite especially on toast :D

I see the better half's kitchen space is soon to be invaded again :wink:

How restricted for turning are the front forks with the radiator in that position :?:

Chris.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

yorkylancs wrote:Runs ok,ran it all last year with no fan,didnt boil over or lose any fluid,it used to go upto 3/4 or sometimes above,then it was time to shut it down.However the temp quickly came down to 1/2 on the gauge when on the move.The new gauge gives a figure in celsius or fahrenheit,at normal running temp,when it is rolling along i get 75 degrees c. I have set the warning light on the new gauge at 104,and the second warning light comes on at 107.I scrapped the expansion tank from in between the vee,and mounted a bottle behind where the rad sits now,therefore getting more airflow,and also allowing more air inbetween the engine.Anyone know what the boiling point of water is with coolant,bearing in mind you probably have 15psi of pressure acting upon it,dont want to run it till it boils just to find out! Yeah suspension is spot on now,vast improvement...
Yorkie,
I wouldn't worry. The figures you've quoted could be straight out of the SP manual, Mine runs at 78 and the fan switch is set at 104. As long as you keep an eye on your warning light you'll be fine :thumbup:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
yorkylancs

Post by yorkylancs »

They go lock to lock ok,just nudging the rad a bit,the rad is not rigidly mounted however,i used the old oil cooler mounting position with just one ally bracket,the rad hoses take the rest of the weight,which is not much anyway,passed the mot ok last year so not bad.Temperature info is appreciated Pete,ease my mind a bit,see how it goes again come summer,the trick is to keep on moving.