Track day 5th June 2010 RAF Cottesmore

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

Gallax

Track day 5th June 2010 RAF Cottesmore

Post by Gallax »

Hi All

Below is the text from an email regarding a track day at RAF Cottesmore, I've booked a place and it would be great if I'm not the only Firestorm there. The email address to reserve places is cottesmore_ard@hotmail.com. For £50 it looks like a pretty good day out.

With ref to the RAF Cottesmore Track Day, Please provide full details as per the email below.

RAF COTTESMORE AIRFIELD RIDING DAYS 5th June and 4th Sept 2010

Thank you for your enquiry, please find further details below. If you require any further information please contact us and we will be more than happy to help.

Local towns are Oakham, Stamford and Grantham.

B&B Link: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?oe=utf-8& ... 1&resnum=1

DETAILS

As you might appreciate, it's not a dedicated race track as most of the time it's an active airfield. The track is designed and laid out around the two runways and taxiways, there's a small amount of overbanding but nothing to spoil your day. We have offical RAF Motorsport Marshals looking after all the safety aspects of the day ensuring the day runs smoothly.

The clubhouse is available all day where toilet facilities and all day refreshments will be on sale from our very own on site Royal Air Force Chefs.

A number of facilties and franchises will be on hand to assist you with your day.

There are no noise limits on the day, no restrictions on "Sparky" Knee Sliders and the sessions are not timed, as its not a race day.

Minimum clothing requirements are 2 piece zip-together leathers (full zip), helmet, boots and gloves.

REGISTRATION

Pre-Booking is essential to allow access to the camp.

Pre-Payment is advisable as places are limited and will be allocated on a first come basis, The cost for the day is £50.

To Pre-book:

1) Provide the following details by email.

Name

Email
Address
Phone Number
Bike make/model/reg plate and if trailered the same details for the towing vehicle
Group

To Pre-pay:

1) Pre-book

2) Send a cheque made payable to "Service Funds RAF Cottesmore" to CPO Howkins, 32 Cotley Crs, Cottesmore, LE15 7AH. Please write your name, address and email on the reverse of the cheque.

Your details will be registered and your place confirmed by email upon reciept of payment.

**Payment can be made on the day, however please do not be disapointed if all places have been taken.**

0N THE DAY

**Please bring with you a form of photographic identification, either the new style driving licence or your passport for entry onto the base, you will be refused entry without it.**

**Minimum clothing requirements are 2 piece zip-together leathers (full zip), helmet, boots and gloves.**

Registration Starts 0730, riders brief 0800. 1st session at around 0900.

We'll be running 2 sessions per hour, Group 1 (nov/inter) and Group 2 (inter/adv) but depending on numbers we might bump up to 3 groups, more info nearer the date.

Please listen out for all briefings and announcements over the tannoy, we aim to make this an enjoyable day for everyone.

Any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us by email.

We look forward to welcoming you on the day,

Regards,

RAF Cottesmore Motorbike Club
Gallax

Re: Track day 5th June 2010 RAF Cottesmore

Post by Gallax »

Well your loss not mine, nobody came with me from here...it was a cracking day...good track, good organisation, good bike and even pissed off a few fireblades and R1's...pussys, i'll post some pictures when they arrive to rack you all off even more.

It was a fantastic day
Gallax

Re: Track day 5th June 2010 RAF Cottesmore

Post by Gallax »

It's a real shame this will be the last track day at Cottesmore......i'm presuming someone lost somthing and did not tell the marshals and a tornado sucked it up.... it was a great day.

[url]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/s.gladwin/albums/

Is anyone going to the 3rd August day at Cadwell?