missing at steady revs

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
MJONESY

missing at steady revs

Post by MJONESY »

hey all, my bike seems miss every now and again at steady revs the weird thing is though there seems to be no pattern to it, does completly randomly at any revs or any gear, havent done much to investigate it yet, just wondered if its a problem anyone else has had, oh yeah weather makes no difference either so not a water problem the only pattern is that the revs be constant (i.e not accelerating or deacclerating).

the carbs were balanced recently so thats not the issue.
benny hedges

Re: missing at steady revs

Post by benny hedges »

possibly ht leads arcin against some framework - look for thready track lines.
tip - don't feel for cracked ht leads lol.
fire it up in the dark with the tank propped up - the coils are one under tank front left, one behind tank, on the right

might also be worth disconnecting the cdi plug under the seat & plug it back in - might be loose or got some poo in it off jetwash or summat.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
MJONESY

Post by MJONESY »

thanks benny, will check at some point, just trying to get some ideas before i start pulling stuff apart, it seems more electrical to me as the carbs made no difference.
Mick B

Post by Mick B »

Mine went through the same issues as you are having.I listened to all the advice and tried everything but nothing worked. Its only when I got the bike on a dyno the tester found the bike running rich on steady throttle and this was causing the problem(also check for dirty air filter)A dynojet kit was already fitted so he drooped the needles to lean it up a little but also said the emulsion tubes had wear which wont help. Once the bike was tuned it was 100% better and not a lot of noticable surging.On his advice I bought a set of emulsion tubes and I am just awaiting fitment.Once this is done I will be 100% happy with my carbs and fueling.

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16320
vtrbarmy

Post by vtrbarmy »

Check my other thread in workshop just posted - misfire under load (and occassionally steady revs) - turne dout to be the side stand switch, disconnected it, joined across the 2 green wires and misfire disappeared. Just got to get a new sidestand switch now, as no light on dash but at least she runs and goes properly.