Scorpions and Fuel

General Bike chat
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Re: Scorpions and Fuel

Post by Pete.L »

Not much of a change really.
The extra hole changes how fast the slide responds to change in vacuum, the vacuum still remains the same given a set rpm.
It can be a disadvantage at low revs on the twin because the slides tend to bounce a lot due to the size and the spacing of the vacuum pulses.
If I had a problem after changing it all back to std I'd probably block the hole back up but I'd be more tempted to check the emulsion tubes for scratches or wear.

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Mick B

Post by Mick B »

Thanks for all the support :thumbup:

Love this site for all the experiance and help have a :beer: on me

Anyway going to do my ape tensioners this week so may pull the carbs off whilst its in bits . Then I can have a quick look at what jets are in and check the pilot screw adjustment breathers etc.
Mick B

Post by Mick B »

Well just reporting back after getting the bike rolling roaded. Took it the Malton North Yorkshire http://www.dynobike.co.uk/ and its done. Paul the guy who owns the shop sets up a lot of TT bikes and actually supports the race teams whilst at the isle of Man :thumbup:

Anyway to cut a long story short the bike now runs sweet as a nut and gives a healthy 108.05 bhp with 65.91 lb torque .The bike was already fitted with a Dynojet kit but was set up wrong(That saved me £89). The bike midrange was running way to rich and was causing the problems not lean as I thought .Anyway the pilot jets had crud in them so after a sonic bath, needle adjustment, carb clean the bike is now so much smoother :D Another thing Paul did show me was the emulsion tubes were very slightly oval shaped .This could cause me problems but he said try it first and we can replace later at no extra cost apart from parts :thumbup: .

So far the bike is spot on .Starts straight of the key with no major cranking like previous and no hesitation or surging.So 150 Miles later the grin factor is back :mrgreen: .

I would highly recommend Paul as nothing was to much trouble and he explained everything he was doing :thumbup:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Great when you find a good, honest bike shop.

result all round, you get a good , sweet-running bike and he gets a good recommend on this site; hopefully more business from you and others in the patch.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

NIce one Micky :thumbup:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

tony.mon wrote:Great when you find a good, honest bike shop.

result all round, you get a good , sweet-running bike and he gets a good recommend on this site; hopefully more business from you and others in the patch.
Well put Tony :thumbup:

It's good too hear the outcome Mick. Glad you've got it sorted :thumbup:

Chris.
Mick B

Post by Mick B »

Just an update after another 100 miles tonight .
Bike fires up well and ticks over around 1100 and is steady with no lumpy feel :D .Very smooth power delivery and rides like a new bike.I get no back firing through the carbs and no exhaust popping through the exhaust. :thumbup: If I am totally honest you can feel a slight surge in the lover rev range but I was told that may happen due to the emulsion tube ovalisation. This is just me been very critical but Paul said it may happen.I could live with it and be happy but me been me I am going to change them then I know its all done. Where is the best place to buy them from and do they just unscrew etc. Paul at Dynobike said he can order and fit them but might have a bash myself. :thumbup:
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

Mick B wrote:Where is the best place to buy them from and do they just unscrew etc. Paul at Dynobike said he can order and fit them but might have a bash myself. :thumbup:
david silver sell them if it's the std tube you want - or any honda dealer tbh.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Mick B

Post by Mick B »

Ok just to round the post off the bike is complete.Put the emulsion tubes in yesterday and have done roughly 100miles and not one nudge fart cough nothing just perfection. At one point I thought of selling the Storm when the thing was surging etc but I stuck with it and now have a complete bike. So anyone who has surging,nudging etc on a steady throttle it could be the same as me . Dynotune, carbs cleaned set up with new emulsion tubes the bike is so smooth :biggrin

Forgot to say the old brass tubes where not blocked but did have internal wear and slight ovalisation where they should be round.Hence running rich on steady throttle causing the surging etc.
:thumbup: