seat hight

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
babysitter

seat hight

Post by babysitter »

Hi all can any body help i am finding the seat hight on the storm a little to high can the Suspension be lowerd or the seat will appreciate any info on this thanks Jackie. :?
Harley Davidson Roadking 1690 / Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster
54 Honda Varadero XL1000 / Honda Firestorm Red,/ BSA B40WD Trials,
/Audi TT 225 / Foard Transit T300/ VW Touareg
benny hedges

Re: seat hight

Post by benny hedges »

you could check if theres a spacer been fitted under the rear shock, and lower the back shock down a few clicks - i ride on #2 and it's fine for me.
a 5mm spacer will raise the seat about 20mm 8O
also i dropped the forks down quite a bit in the yokes and it's made a marked difference to the seat height and angle of the bike. looks much more aggressive imo.

you could take some padding out of the seat but you'd best pack some pile cream lol, not the comfiest seat as it is!
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
balls

Post by balls »

Hi there
I have a cut down seat it has made a big diference not only is it better for getting your feet on the floor but it means putting less strain on your wrists because you are lower down as for comfort its fine and you have to stop every 100miles to get petrol anyway.
All the best Balls :Beer Popcorn:
babysitter

Post by babysitter »

Thanks for the feed back have got a spare seat will see if i can get it cut down, Did not want to alter the suspension has the storm handles so well and as you say i can rest my backside every 100 miles anyway.
Harley Davidson Roadking 1690 / Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster
54 Honda Varadero XL1000 / Honda Firestorm Red,/ BSA B40WD Trials,
/Audi TT 225 / Foard Transit T300/ VW Touareg
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Yeah!
You rest your backside every time you need fuel......
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.