SECURITY, HOW SECURE IS YOUR STORM?

General Biker Banter
seb421

SECURITY, HOW SECURE IS YOUR STORM?

Post by seb421 »

Well the Storm had a Data Tool System 3 (that knock me and ill bleep, knock me again and i wont shut up one)

and an Oxford Disc Lock on the Front

both however proved little use when it was taken via the key's

I have since bought one of these "garage defenders"

not fitted it as of yet but will do soon,

now im toying with the idea of something like this as well as the defender....

Electronic entry via keypad outside the garage door, and a push button for the inside, electro magnet lock with holding force of 600lbs , cost is 150 quid?

not sure about getting it, might get it next month.

My garage has been broken into before ( new garage door since last time ) they got away with a Wacker that required 3 men to lift... it was a serious piece of kit, and a Disc cutter with a diamond cut blade that cost 250 quid! this was chained to the ceiling

What do you lot have, what would you recommend, have you thought about electro magnets?
benny hedges

Re: SECURITY, HOW SECURE IS YOUR STORM?

Post by benny hedges »

my ft was chained to a kerbstone - they nicked the bike and the kerbstone lol.
if someone wants it they'll have it regardless.

get a fancy lock theyll nick that & leave the bike lol
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Was just thinking....

[youtube][/youtube]

how hard would it be to wire one of those up to go off if the garage door is opened?

any one seen anything like this done other than the super expensive systems you see on TV and that.

can pick these 1500 Watt smokers on ebay for not much dosh, but i'm not to clever when it comes to wiring and making a system that will activate when a door is opened etc

They cant steal what they cant see.... and given that ive just spent ages fixing the bike up and modifying sort of re kindled my love for the storm, its been out side the house alot recently and a lot of passer buy's now know i have a fireblade, firestorm and a fiddler old bike in the garage and i dont want the storm to go missing now.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

get a halon system and gas the fkers.
lock them in so they cant get out....

set it up like a spiders web to entice thieves in but then systematically dismember them, disolve their limbs in toxic enzyms and seal them in jars of aspic, impale their shrunken heads on railings to deter others :twisted:

i read somewhere about a yank who wired his bike to the mains to stop thieves (must've had a few nicked in the past) - it didnt get stolen but he succeeded in setting fire to his bike & his house lol :lol:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Tbh i dont take bike security too serious ,if i'm honest i don't even use the steering lock ,ever ,not in my garage,and not on rideouts. (Now that's got me thinking ,must check my insurance to see if i'm supposed to) :confused

If it goes,it goes,that's why we buy insurance ,anyway the less locks/alarms i've got to deal with at 5.30am ,the better,as it is,i open the 'up n over' garage door in slow motion ,incase i waken the kids on either side of me,or get the neighbours dogs barking.
Stevie
seb421

Post by seb421 »

i get the bike out at 8:30pm and get home around 3am, dont give two shits how loud i am or the bike is, the neighbours have never been a fan of me and like wise.

had them grass on me for minor things in the past like riding moto-x bike down the estate ( at slow speed drying the disc's off after a power wash )

getting robbed sucks ass!
Road Runner

Post by Road Runner »

Not many places to thread a chain through on the Storm, front fork between the yokes maybe. At the moment I just block it in with my car. Brought it indoors when I went on holiday, but did my back in lifting it back out yesterday.
Last edited by Road Runner on Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Keep mine in one of these. Got it s/h from eBay. Seems a good bit of kit. Had it three years now.

http://www.secure-a-bike.com/producten.html

:thumbup:
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
MJONESY

Post by MJONESY »

i must admit i was surprised when i lost my keys, it took me less than 30 seconds to hot wire it in the middle of town, so my next mod is going to be an alarm and imobileser,
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Timbo wrote:
seb421 wrote:i get the bike out at 8:30pm and get home around 3am, dont give two shits how loud i am or the bike is, the neighbours have never been a fan of me and like wise.

had them grass on me for minor things in the past like riding moto-x bike down the estate ( at slow speed drying the disc's off after a power wash )
Why doesnt any of that surprise me? You always come across as such a caring soul. How to win friends and influence people :thumbup:
:lol: Now now Tim be careful what you say, we don't want to upset him & trigger another 'Shoegate' type flounce do we.......or do we? :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Dont give a rats ass to be honest, if I had a one off bike say a 1098R or a one off SP ridden by Edwards I would seriously alarm and lock it but alarms are the biggest cause of bike starting troubles. Unless you never stop anywhere on ride outs whats the point! If they want it they will get it. I have known houses broken into in order to get the keys to move cars that are in the way of the garage doors! the ins penalty is barely noticeable, I didnt have an alarm or lock on my brand new blade and the premium was certainly not overly expensive compared to my SP with an extremely annoying alarm :?
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I never used to bother very much with security either, that was until I had a bike stolen.

Plus on another occasion some low life almost broke into my garage :!: It was only the fact that my neighbours garage was easier to break into than mine (he also had a bike in his, that most likely made a difference) that my bike was spared.

Since then I take a very different approach to it.

I do believe as already been said, if someone really wants what you have enough you won't stop that happening, but if it's just the easiest bike they can get then the more security you have the less chance they'll take yours. The bike with the least security is the one they'll go for.

Chris.