Anyone about to admit to owning one of these?

General Bike chat
LotusSevenMan

Anyone about to admit to owning one of these?

Post by LotusSevenMan »

I have one so wondered if others did!

http://www.flipaplate.com/ :eek2
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
Jbrebel

Re: Anyone about to admit to owning one of these?

Post by Jbrebel »

Seen one on a Bandit 1200 once.

Serious plod trouble if you get pulled with one.
SP1's rock!
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Like it said "For show use only Officer" :whatever
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

:lol:

I can see the benefits of one in certain circumstances :D
SP1's rock!
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

After yesterdays ride out I may wish I had bought one ! These GSXR's are the devils work :twisted: Roll on from a ton (on an empty private road with three lanes) against a friends RC8...........Dont know what gear he was in but it was no contest :biggrin.........Just have to wait and see if anyone was secretly watching :oops: :shifty: I knew getting an IL4 was probably a bad move :wtf:
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

:lol:

How does it compare to the SP (generally) then Jim?
SP1's rock!
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

The SP is on its own.....I dont think there are many bikes that feel like that, the only other bike that gave me a similar feel on atest ride was the 999 (how odd :angel: ). Very stable right through the bend and the feedback through the seat and chassis was incredible, there is no taking that away from the Honda but the gixxer completely annihilates the SP in every aspect of the ride apart from brakes (I am addressing that issue now). You could sit behind the SP at about 9K in 3rd and just wait for a decent straight and in the twisties the unbelievable weight advantage (166Kg!as opposed to 199Kg) gives you the ability to change direction with a tiny shift of body weight. The gixxer will never be an SP, it is not derived from a Ducati beating WSB nor does it have the quality feel, fit or finish but what a f***ing package..... :eek2 It growls and howls and rips your arms out, lifts the front wheel on command (or randomly :oops: ) it is comfy and will do 140 miles to £15 ridden hard. Just the ticket for the next chapter of my motorcycling history. Many people will not give the bike a second glance as they are two a penny but I suggest that evreyone give a Gixxer K5/K6 thou a go once in your life.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

8)

Glad you are enjoying it :thumbup:
SP1's rock!
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Beamish wrote:It growls and howls and rips your arms out, lifts the front wheel on command (or randomly ) it is comfy and will do 140 miles to £15 ridden hard. Just the ticket for the next chapter of my motorcycling history.
He He Hee! And now the truth comes out :twisted: and you've been soo polite about our over weighted, under powered, out dated old girl too :wink:

Glad you're enjoying it :thumbup:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

Bloke on the telly got done for having one of those in Sussex by plod.

Isn't the 750 is supposed to be a bit of a gem as well? Especially for those of more modest ability (me!) and cheaper to buy / run?

Why did a lot of manufacturers stop 750s??
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

If they catch you using it to avoid capture you will be prosecuted for attempting to pervert the course of justice, M'lud. One of those offences the judiciary really don't like. :(

As for the manufacturers dropping 750's it comes from a time long, long ago when fours were restricted to 750 in WSB (and all other Superbike classes) whilst twins were allowed up to 1000. This was revised to allow 1000 fours so development of the 750, apart from Suzook, stopped. It's a shame because the YZF750 was a little gem overshadowed by the 1000's. Wrong place, wrong time. Which brings us back to the flip up number plate scenario!!!! Good luck with it. :thumbup:
:beer:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

I have grown used to having power low down, SP, FStorm, 09 Blade so a 750 is out. I wouldnt buy one of these plate flippers either, I dont even have a smaller number plate 8O The only law breaker i carry is the road legal can with the baffles out and the police will usually let you get away with this due to rarely having a roadside db meter. I do tend to push the speed somewhat on national limit roads :oops:
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

I keep reading that the utimate gem is the GSX750R as it's basically as fast where it needs to be as the 1,000 but has much nicer road manners and handles like a 600 so best of both capacities. :clap:
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Makes sense but doesnt translate on the road for me, if you are used to having a great dollop of mid range they arent the bike for you. The thou can be ridden purely using the mid power where as the 750 is lacking for higher gear traffic overtakes (IMO)
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

They gotta be quicker, less drag.

Same a a Ped rider's rear L plate. Worth ten MPH, the way they tell it down the petrol station.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.