American imports.......

General Biker Banter
firestorm jedi

American imports.......

Post by firestorm jedi »

Hello Folks,
A mate of mine is looking at an 06 Blade that is purported to be an American import. Does anyone know what if any differences there are between American bikes and British.....? Is it parts and servicing differences, insurance issues, power restrictions or something else? I have no idea but I'm sure one of you will......

Cheers
:Saber:

Jedi
futterbingers

Re: American imports.......

Post by futterbingers »

'ullo. There are differences between them, namely power restriction, there's also a little wiring needed to stop the indicators being on full-time, and removal of hundreds of gaudy reflectors. Is it a lot cheaper than a uk version? and does it have a uk logbook?
firestorm jedi

Post by firestorm jedi »

Bonjour. Er..not too much cheaper. Maybe 500 quid. Its an 06 55 plate bike. Less than 2k mileage, 2 owners at 4995. Really clean in repsol colours. V5 don't know but wouldn't touch it with a barge pole if it didn't..... Any advance?
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

futterbingers wrote:'ullo. There are differences between them, namely power restriction, there's also a little wiring needed to stop the indicators being on full-time,
most probably just a pair system to comply with their emission regs - and a lot of riders wire the indicators as day lamps anyway so wouldn't be too bothered.
get a copy of the workshop manual for it from the hondamoto link in the workshop section or carlsalter.com, see what the differences are.

5k is a bit much for a 06 import tho imo?
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
firestorm jedi

Post by firestorm jedi »

Thanks for that Benny. :thumbup: Will pass onto my mate.
Didn't think that was too bad for the bike with that mileage on it....
I think he might be a bit put off if he has to start messing with wiring and restrictions....though you'd think someone would have done all the legwork where thats concerned........
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

pair mod i easy enough to do - take 5 mins lol :thumbup:
google is your friend
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
futterbingers

Post by futterbingers »

It does sound a little pricey though. You could buy my shiny red vtr for £1500. Pics on the sales bit, she's a beauty etc, fast as the wind, comfy, red etc