How do your indicators look

General Bike chat
SWAGGER

Post by SWAGGER »

I may have mentioned that the previous owner put aftermarket fairing indicators on the bike. They're not nice .... no really ... not nice at all and he screwed them to the plastic :(

New originals are silly money. So if I were to go the LED route (I know there is some controversey over the use of LED) are they long enough to project out of the fairing. The outside edge/face of the fairing is ~50mm to the back plate. The longer indicator units have a stem of ~40mm. This suggests that it won't work. I guess quite a few of you guys & gals have them how does it look. I have not been able to find any pics so far.
The force is strong with this one!!!

Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere
Yamaha FJR1300
Fireman on a Storm

Re: How do your indicators look

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

on off on off on off on off!!! :lol:
Pointblank

Post by Pointblank »

Fireman on a Storm wrote:How do your indicators look

:lol: :lol:

On my old bikes i changed to led's but decided with the storm to keep it as it was ,so still have original indicators .
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

i used the stem off my original indicators to space them out at the front - looks ok :thumbup:
if you use mini arrows, the stem will push inside the old rubber stem, bit of superglue & they won't move.
the old stem comes out with a little self tapper down the tube
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

SWAGGER wrote:I may have mentioned that the previous owner put aftermarket fairing indicators on the bike. They're not nice .... no really ... not nice at all and he screwed them to the plastic :(

New originals are silly money. So if I were to go the LED route (I know there is some controversey over the use of LED) are they long enough to project out of the fairing. The outside edge/face of the fairing is ~50mm to the back plate. The longer indicator units have a stem of ~40mm. This suggests that it won't work. I guess quite a few of you guys & gals have them how does it look. I have not been able to find any pics so far.
I had LED indicators made by Motrax on my bike at one point, the photo's below are all I have now showing them, so not brilliant. They are the long stem type.

Chris.
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

I have some Motrax flush mounts - but also have some triangular LED units that will fit in the faux "inlets" at the front too......

:clap:
=====================================================

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

=====================================================
SWAGGER

Post by SWAGGER »

Fireman on a Storm wrote:How do your indicators look

Excellent .... thanks for that! Made my day :lol:

Yamaha FJR1300
SWAGGER

Post by SWAGGER »

sirch345 wrote: ..... I had LED indicators made by Motrax on my bike at one point, the photo's below are all I have now showing them, so not brilliant. They are the long stem type ....
Chris, for the avoidance of doubt .... the long Motrax units bolt straight onto the inner panel ... right? BTW I think they look pretty good in your pics. Were you not happy with them?

Yamaha FJR1300
SWAGGER

Post by SWAGGER »

Yep that looks good. Modern take and clean lines. Do the fronts bolt straight onto the inner bulkhead?

Yamaha FJR1300
SWAGGER

Post by SWAGGER »

FirestormMike wrote: ... You have to be brave and widen the fairing holes slightly with a dremel ...
Ah ha! I know all about being brave ... I just did the mod to the fairing to incorporate the R&G crash protectors. Leap of faith and all that :lol: Now let's do a bit of angel grinding or do I mean angle grinding :wink:

Yamaha FJR1300
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

SWAGGER wrote:
sirch345 wrote: ..... I had LED indicators made by Motrax on my bike at one point, the photo's below are all I have now showing them, so not brilliant. They are the long stem type ....
Chris, for the avoidance of doubt .... the long Motrax units bolt straight onto the inner panel ... right? BTW I think they look pretty good in your pics. Were you not happy with them?
Yes, the Motrax (long stem) indicators bolted straight onto the inner panel. I can't remember if I added any washers to make them stick out that little bit more, but if I did that was all that was required, well apart from a different flasher relay that is. With the standard flasher unit the LED indicators flash too fast.

The problem with the standard front indicators is, if your bike ends up falling on it's side they will smash up the inner panel. I'm not sure how much protection they would get with your R & G crash protectors.

I had a good deal on these (see photo below) and are available from Hein Gericke (you can see them on their online catologue, page 302). What I prefer about these is, they can be seen from the side as well as the front when in use.

HTH,

Chris.

BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

what's the controversy over LED :oops:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

FirestormMike wrote:I have 2010 CBF125 indicators on mine now.
You're good Mike :wink: Believe it or not I was only wondering what type/make those indicators were on your bike after seeing them in the video you posted with the thumbs up :D

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

BigVeeGrin wrote:what's the controversy over LED :oops:
Have a look at my post in this link here:-
http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 23&t=17818

Chris.
firestorm jedi

Post by firestorm jedi »

I have a set of stubby arrow heads on the front that have a sligtly smoked lense and the rear set is just miniature square ones. I like. :clap:
I believe I have the front set of OEM's. If someone wants to provide them with new lodgings then I'll try to dig 'em out.