SP1 Bought.... Not Happy....

General Biker Banter
tonyf

Re: SP1 Bought.... Not Happy....

Post by tonyf »

LOL :D
I'm not quite as hostile as most of the Welsh towards the English..... I was actually hatched in England and have been in Wales for 30+ years.
hillyberry2009

Post by hillyberry2009 »

wat a twit keep ya head up mate
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

What a b8stard matey :( Hope you get it sorted.

On a plus-it did look a tidy bike. Might be worth seeing if you can reach some agreement with the lying shite and get the work done to sort it out. It's not like you paid mega bucks for it-understand your disapointment though :(
SP1's rock!
tonyf

Post by tonyf »

It does look tidy and it appears to ride ok - its nowhere near as clean as it was in the photos as it looks like he hasn't cleaned it for a month. I'll see what the dealer says this morning, it it is restricted - this bloke will get a whole load more reasons why he's a clunge bucket dumped on him.

To quote one of his txts "It is a Japanese model but I didn't think it was important to tell you this, there is no difference in specifcation, speed or power"

He wouldn't call me after I complained and swapped all correspondence by txt - I'm actually quite pleased about that as it is then no longer hearsay... : :)
tonyf

Post by tonyf »

Just been out on it, it doesn't 'appear' to be restricted so that looks like good news. I wont know for absolute sure until Monday. Having now seen it in the cold light of day, it needs everything stripping off and cleaning but it does appear to be an ok bike. The bodywork is very good, everything else is covered in 5 layers of crap but looks fine underneath. My local dealer (who absolutely fantastic - David Jones, Newtown) thinks it'll be fine once cleaned up properly. Only aftermarket parts on it are the rear indicators that look rubbish.

So - plan being:

See what Trading Standards say. If I decide to keep it, I'll be after a speedo that registers in MPH.
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

:thumbup:

I'd still chase the lying sh!te like you say...

Still think you'll have a better bike than that other one you looked at. Good luck sorting it :thumbup: It's still an SP :Dancing: I'm off to strip mine and clean-all parts have now arrived to sort my major service :thumbup: Roll on next week! I'll be able to get out for a blast again 8)
SP1's rock!
pariah

Post by pariah »

Just a thought, but did you not do a vehicle check before buying it.

I would have though tthat this would have told you all about the bikes past. Dont cost that much either. I did this bfore buying mine, all I needed was the vin number. Once you checked it, if any thing come to light later on your protected and they sort the mess out for you.

You could still do this and use it in court against him if he didn,t tell the truth in the sales descripton.
tonyf

Post by tonyf »

I've got the MCN 7 day check for what that's worth - just checked for HPI clear. That's a bloody good plan though....

I think I would be pacified if he paid me £250 as that would enable me to get the bike 'right' in my head. If Trading Standards state that I'm in my legal rights for a complete refund, I may yet take that.

I only did a couple of miles this morning and absolutely loved it though.... :D
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

tonyf wrote: I only did a couple of miles this morning and absolutely loved it though.... :D
Tony, perhaps things are not so bad as you first thought, hopefully that will be the case anyway.

Still not a very nice feeling I agree.

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

When listing bikes on E-Bay there's a choice for the seller to select Import, also (as far as I remember) miles or kilometers.
If he either deliberately left relevant information out or misrepresented (which seems likely here) then he has to refund.

You won't be ale to claim subsequential damages, though.

One of the "no win, no fee" types in the back of MCN would handle it for you, they all claim to be bikers, so will understand.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

tonyf wrote:I've got the MCN 7 day check for what that's worth - just checked for HPI clear. That's a bloody good plan though....

I think I would be pacified if he paid me £250 as that would enable me to get the bike 'right' in my head. If Trading Standards state that I'm in my legal rights for a complete refund, I may yet take that.

I only did a couple of miles this morning and absolutely loved it though.... :D
Shame the SP experience has been a bit tainted mate. I would take no less than £500 as a deal.
1. PC to sort out the fuelling/restriction test £200 ish
2. Dyno time £100
3. MPH Clocks up to £100
4. Full service (yourself or a dealer) up to £200

If its a straight bike then with that work done you will have a gorgeous road/track weapon but as you can see it will cost more than £250. Thats just me and you could possibly do it cheaper but i would want peice of mind.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
tonyf

Post by tonyf »

Beamish - hmm, £500 does look like the figure.

Thought I'd hear from Trading Standards this morning, but nothing as yet. Dilemma now is that I would normally buy filters/oil today and then start work on it tomorrow evening. If TS tell me to demand full refund, I'm just doing work for works-sake...

S0d it, I'm going to go and smash some golf balls for an hour... :D
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

track him down and kick his head in! lying shite :evil:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Ah Bugger!
What a sh1t! :evil:
Another thing to think about will be, how easy will it be to "move on" an import when it's time to do so? Probably half the reason he's tricked you into having his :evil:
Hope you get it sorted Tony, If it's full power and the price is right I'd go by condition personally,but if it's UK you want then go for it and get your money back.
Good luck
Pete.l
Haven't we got 20 lads who could stop for a fag brake outside his house and help him make his mind up :shh:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

Pete.L wrote: Haven't we got 20 lads who could stop for a fag brake outside his house and help him make his mind up :shh:
let the storm swarm ride :D