East London

Where are the boys in blue hiding??????
ktd001

East London

Post by ktd001 »

Just in case anyone has the pleasure of using the Mile End Road... :?

There is a gap between traffic lights near the courthouse where it is, just, possible to go faster than 30mph (for about 200 feet. The ONLY stretch of above 1st gear road in that part of town).
There is now frequently a 'Safety Camera' van parked behind one of the few remaining trees! Yes you can see it but you're normally so busy looking for pedestrians, lane changers, mad twats in vans etc that you wouldn't even THINK to look! :(

I would like to nominate this for the most pointless, mean-minded, petty, pathetic piece of sheer wombles stupid placement in the whole nationwide Safety Camera Partnership scheme! :evil:

Feel free to disagree if you can come up with one more pointless etc

Just in case you wondered, no I didn't get caught out, but only 'cos I had reason to walk up past it first!
I ride way too fast to worry about cholesterol.
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

I'll have a crack at beating that one. In Hillington in Glasgow there's a school on a main road with a camera outside it. Sounds like a good safety feature you might think except the camera is after the school gates! This means instead of slowing you down for kids, you get to wipe a load of them out first then you get you pic taken as you make your getaway.
Rich.

ktd001

Kids

Post by ktd001 »

Is that wrong?
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

In this case I'd have to say no. Wipe out as many of the wee f@#kers as you can.
Rich.

ktd001

Kiddies

Post by ktd001 »

Ooooh! With that reaction, you've GOT to have kids! :lol:
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Actually I dont have any, no plans to have any either. As the saying goes "I like kids, I just couldn't eat a whole one."
Rich.