lights on dash

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
chris vtr virgin

lights on dash

Post by chris vtr virgin »

Hi all.
Was oot on a run last nite and I noticed the lights on the speedo were very dull it only seemed to be light up on the one side. The tacho and temp gauge are both fine. Is there maybe a bulb in behind the speedo that's blown.
What do u all think??
Cheers
Chris
Some twins have all the fun !!!!
Eclectic

Re: lights on dash

Post by Eclectic »

Sounds like it mate. Theres 4 bulbs underneath that light up all the dials. I got the capless rear/tail light bulbs from Wilcos to replace mine (all were blown when I got it :eek2), 69p each.

Just remove the three 10mm bolts and youll see the rubber gromits holding the bulbs in.
gordthebiker

Post by gordthebiker »

Or you can get T10 smd L.E.D bulbs
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/T10-BULB ... 4aa97ab476

Much brighter and last forever.

tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Good idea.
Just ordered some blue ones at 99p for two, inc p+p from Singapore, let's see if anything turns up.

But if they fit they should be ok, and I'll stick them in next time I have the fairing off.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
gordthebiker

Post by gordthebiker »

You just have to unscrew the 3 bolts holding the speedo console on and turn it round, it's a 1 minute job.

As long as you don't get the crazy long smd led t10 bulbs or ones wider than the wedge itself, you're ok.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

If they're bigger diameter I'm sure you could open the hole out a bit and use a semi=permanent fixing method such as a blob of silicon sealer to hole them in place.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.