req - Manual CCT coach bolt length

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Wicky

req - Manual CCT coach bolt length

Post by Wicky »

Hi does anyone have a set of Manual APEs or Roah's CCTs that they haven't installed yet as I need to know the length of the coach bolt - ta
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
benny hedges

Re: req - Manual CCT coach bolt length

Post by benny hedges »

you want about 80mm m8. they sell them in b&q
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Are you sure Benny that's sufficient as in this composite pic I made it seems closer to 100mm - 105mm

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

MJONESY

Post by MJONESY »

I used 100mm m10 carriage bolts when i made mine worked a treat
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I've noticed on ROAS's and APE's that the bolt seems longer than needed.
It's not going to need more length once it's fitted, unless new chains are fitted later.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

ROAS seems to have gone AWOL and I need a set of manual CCTs so after looking at http://www.overstockpartsgalore.com/ $120 where I got mine last year - then I stumbled across http://www.kriegercamchaintensioners.com who makes his own for $70 inc pp (without gaskets) or $80 with

Just ascertaining the correct bolt length based on precedence of APEs etc as he previously has mainly done Kwacka CCTs.

tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Why not have a word with Bazza, who does converted ones using the standard bodies for £35/pair?
I let him have a few pairs of old ones a week or so back, he was going to get them converted.

He lives not far from you, anyway.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

tony.mon wrote:I've noticed on ROAS's and APE's that the bolt seems longer than needed.
It's not going to need more length once it's fitted, unless new chains are fitted later.
this is an ape tensioner, with locknut set as removed.
the total bolt length is 95mm, but only 30mm protrudes into the engine, up to the chain guide.
this leaves 39mm of bolt sticking out, or 33mm of unused thread between the single locknut and bolt head.
if you used a 80mm bolt you'd still have 13mm of unused thread.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Thanks for that Benny - though in my composite pic the left part of the photo is an APE installed in situ (rear pot) and has 20mm of unused thread - so 95mm bolt length seems to give plenty of margin.
benny hedges wrote:
tony.mon wrote:I've noticed on ROAS's and APE's that the bolt seems longer than needed.
this is an ape tensioner, with locknut set as removed.
the total bolt length is 95mm, but only 30mm protrudes into the engine, up to the chain guide.
this leaves 39mm of bolt sticking out, or 33mm of unused thread between the single locknut and bolt head.
if you used a 80mm bolt you'd still have 13mm of unused thread.

Rider on a Storm

Post by Rider on a Storm »

Been off line all week sorry m8, m8 x 100 long is what i use
Tray