seat height

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
daly

seat height

Post by daly »

Hi
Does anyone know the best way to lower the seat height on a vtr :confused

Thanks Brian
Jazzscot

Re: seat height

Post by Jazzscot »

I dont think there is a way to lower it Brian other than letting air out of the tyres.

Jazz
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Lowered spring....or a lowered seat.

Last week there was a specially modified seat on ebay, it had probably had foam removed or something and was apparently an inch lower than standard.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

Jazzscot wrote:I dont think there is a way to lower it Brian other than letting air out of the tyres.

Jazz
i fitted a jacugar progressive rear spring in mine and it dropped the rear end considerably....
i'm not exactly the tallest person in the world but i just had to jack it back up by 20mm as it lowered the seat height by at least an inch, maybe more

theyre 80 notes from ftr suspension and are well worth it.... the bike digs in so much better now!
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
daly

Post by daly »

Nice 1 Jazz :lol: The reason I want to lower my bike is I am 5ft 5" tall or should that be small :lol: and I was thinking I might modify the rear seat frame Benny when you replaced the rear spring did you have to alter the forks?
Thanks Brian
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

Brian, how about these???

Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

daly wrote:Benny when you replaced the rear spring did you have to alter the forks?
Thanks Brian
ive got progressives in the front as well mate and have dropped the forks about 10mm through the yokes.
it does feel a lot smaller and lower than before but a lot more balanced and i can now easily flatfoot it whereas before i was tippytoe a bit.
you would definately not have a problem at 5.5.
mate had a sit on it last night and he was surprised how small it is - hes about same as you.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
daly

Post by daly »

Thanks Benny sounds good Jazz you have to much time on your hands :lol: :lol:
Brian
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Hagon do a reduced length shock which drops the back a fair bit, then just drop the front yokes on the forks.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
babysitter

Post by babysitter »

Had my seat lowered by a car trimmers in Ipswich they only took 2 day turn round and did a great job it's so nice to get both feet on the ground as im the same as you only 5/5.
http://www.creaseycartrimmers.co.uk
Harley Davidson Roadking 1690 / Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster
54 Honda Varadero XL1000 / Honda Firestorm Red,/ BSA B40WD Trials,
/Audi TT 225 / Foard Transit T300/ VW Touareg