my nephew Ben.

General Biker Banter
alec

Re: my nephew Ben.

Post by alec »

sirch345 wrote:That is great news Alec, I had been wondering how the poor lad was coping.
It must also be a good sign (although Ben doesn't think so by the sounds of it :wink: ) that they think he is up to doing school work.

Best wishes to him in his recovery,

Chris.
cheers Chris, he is looking forward to it i think, at least he'll get to interact with some of the other kids now and it may take away some of the boredom.
alec
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home Image
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

alec wrote:
sirch345 wrote:That is great news Alec, I had been wondering how the poor lad was coping.
It must also be a good sign (although Ben doesn't think so by the sounds of it :wink: ) that they think he is up to doing school work.

Best wishes to him in his recovery,

Chris.
cheers Chris, he is looking forward to it i think, at least he'll get to interact with some of the other kids now and it may take away some of the boredom.
alec
Alec, That's even better he's looking forward to it. I hadn't given the interaction with others his own age a thought. Good on him :thumbup:

Chris.
alec

Post by alec »

Hi all not so much an update but an ask, does anybody have one of the old STATIC type seat belts for the rear driver side of a car with the holder, The hospital reckon ben wont be able to use an inertia type belt (something to do with it rubbing ?) when he comes out which could be as soon as a couple of months if he carries on healing the way he is, i have just put my sisters car through the mot so she can get to and fro the hospital without relying on lifts, so whilst i had it i took the inertia belt out on advice from the mot people as you only need 2 belts in the rear but if i fit a static one i will have to remove it every mot for her which isnt a problem. just wondered if some of the older guys here would have a static one knocking about in the depths of their garage or shed, many thanks, alec
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home Image
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Not on here much these days, bike sold, but just read this, sounds horrific, best wishes to the young chap and hopefully he will keep his chin up on the road to recovery.
Stevie
alec

Post by alec »

bikerpiker wrote:Not on here much these days, bike sold, but just read this, sounds horrific, best wishes to the young chap and hopefully he will keep his chin up on the road to recovery.
thanks mate,
alec

Post by alec »

Bunsen Honeydew wrote:There are other devices to lower the seat belt too, so it doesnt cut across the neck in a situation, they were on Dragons Den a while back, Halfords sell these and the others mentioned here.
hi mate sorry i never replied to last message i thought i had but i just typed out a lengthy response and it hasn't shown up either, what i said was many thanks mate for pointing me in that direction but i have found a static 3 point belt on ebay just need to check if it is ok to leave it in for the mot next year.
thanks again mate
alec
alec

Post by alec »

FirestormMike wrote:also, what about putting a feckin big bulldog clip at the top of the belt, to stop it reeling in ? then it would still work in the event of an accident (God forbid)
all good ideas Mate, trouble is this is for my sisters car and after what they have been through lately i can only do what she wants, hospital told her no inertia belt cause of the rubbing (got to remember he was burnt from belly button down as well including privates) so its no inertia belts, thought i'd ask here as much for advice as anything else. and knowing some of you guys are of an age that remembers static belts i wondered if someone had one stashed away somewhere, i have found one on ebay a 3 point static belt that looks like it might be ok.
cheers alec
alec

Post by alec »

thanks mate.
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

I too have not been on the forum for a while, but i would like to send my best wishes for a full and speedy recovery to the lad.
ChrisC .
alec

Post by alec »

ChrisC wrote:I too have not been on the forum for a while, but i would like to send my best wishes for a full and speedy recovery to the lad.
ChrisC .
Thanks chris
will be showing him all these replies when he leaves hospital.
alec
alec

Post by alec »

Sorry no recent update people but nothing really to report until today, yesterday ben walked 150 metres aided by the nurses then 20 steps on his own to his bed, everyones amazed at how quickly his recovery is coming on now, one down side is he has caught ecoli but the doctors were expecting something, anyway to praise him for yesterday 2 nurses took him into the town for a mcdonalds which he wolfed down apparently then they went and bought him his own games for his room as the ward ones have to be steralized before and after he uses them, one of the doctors also hinted at him maybe being allowed home for a weekend in as little as 6 weeks so we are keeping our fingers crossed.
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

Great stuff. Its nice to hear things are getting better and better where the little guy is concerned. Its little things like the Mcdonalds and his own games that will help keep his spirits up and hopefully avoid another bad day like that last one he had a few weeks back.

Great news on the possibility of a home weekend too. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for the wee man. :thumbup:
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
alec

Post by alec »

pinkyfloyd wrote:Great stuff. Its nice to hear things are getting better and better where the little guy is concerned. Its little things like the Mcdonalds and his own games that will help keep his spirits up and hopefully avoid another bad day like that last one he had a few weeks back.

Great news on the possibility of a home weekend too. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for the wee man. :thumbup:
cheers Pinky its all looking good at the mo mate :thumbup: