rough running after manual cct change...

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
MacKrell17

rough running after manual cct change...

Post by MacKrell17 »

So I started the storm today for the first time this year - been too busy etc...

Anyway whilst it's been sitting around I've been doing a few mods - fettled forks, new rear shock, braided brake lines etc... and the swap to manual CCTs. Fired her up today (fired on the 3rd turn so well impressed) and I can hear a faint knocking sound. Difficult to hear over the zorsts but definately mechanical as it get faster as the revs go on - can't decide if it's something I've knackered whilst changing the bits or whether it was always like this and just needs a bit of tune up.
Doesn't sound gravely, can't feel anything untoward through the bars and it's not all that loud - As I say difficult to hear over the zorsts and they're not particularly loud as all the baffles are in at the moment.

Opinions please....
Serlant

Re: rough running after manual cct change...

Post by Serlant »

could be the clutch but with it knocks as a desription doesn't tell much :P video possibly?
steveb

Post by steveb »

I thought clutch too, pull it in when ticking over and see if the noise is still there.
Happy ridin'
-------------------------------------------------
98 Honda Firestorm in black for tarmac grin's
98 Yamaha WR250z for green lane grin's
-------------------------------------------------
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

If it didn't do it before it'll be something to do with fitting the manuals.

Did you set the engine in the right place before undoing the standard ones?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

maybe just want tightening up a bit.
did you follow the guide on here or use haynes?
or just guess :?
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
MacKrell17

Post by MacKrell17 »

I followed the guide in the knowledge base. very good they were too, and the whole process was much quicker than I thought.

I can't remember any weird noises from before (apart from a whining noise which it's had since new). It may well be that I'm just being paranoid. I do need to check the valve clearances but I can't see it being that. I guess the sensible thing is to check the timing etc..... or take it for a burn and see if it goes bang - decision depends on the weather this weekend! :thumbup: