vtr1000 dragbike project

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
muppet

vtr1000 dragbike project

Post by muppet »

update on budget dragbike project, trying to get the best times without spending loads on engine bits, have jetted the carbs for the open airbox, isolated the carbs from engine heat using a thermal barrier and wrapped the exhaust headers bike has been lowered allround running a locked rear end and 6" over braced swingarm , bracing to swingarm to frame and lose wait by removing items not needed best time so far over 1/4 mile was 11.03 @123mph , with standard carbs/airbox will update on times after next outingImage
Last edited by muppet on Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tony.mon

Re: vtr100 dragbike project

Post by tony.mon »

It would be quicker with a 1000 engine, though.
:lol:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
muppet

Re: vtr1000 dragbike project

Post by muppet »

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Muppet, an interesting project you've got going on here. I bet it sounds good with those cans :thumbup:

Chris.
hawky

Post by hawky »

Looking good :thumbup: ..i have just sent away my arm for 6" extension/brace and looking to go down the same route..

Keep us posted
muppet

Post by muppet »

in reply to you sirch345 yes it does sound good its a shame my neighbours dont agree :Argue 1: ,and hawky are you going to be drag only or will you still have it as a road bike ?
muppet

Re: vtr1000 dragbike project....update

Post by muppet »

updates for next year have started with a lot of weight saving and some tuning bits including....
race light rear subframe. (from bigspanishmarty)
race seat .(from bigspanishmarty)
small 1.5 litre alloy fuel tank.
glassfibre fuel tank cover.
remove one front disc and caliper
solid locked swingarm (removing shock and all heavy linkages)
single reversed cone megaphone with 2.5" inlet 4.5" outlet using enlarged 2 into 1 manifold.
dr honda aluminium velocity stacks, with work done to the airbox ( if it works i will post the mod :shh: )
air shift gear change for full power shifts.
programable shift light.
removed all water cooling ,rads,pipework ,thermostat etc, bit of a gamble but the engine only runs for a short time ie. burnout + 1/4 mile run then return to pits.( less than 4 minutes running time )
Cbr600rr stick coils.
more to follow :thumbup:
rob...

Post by rob... »

i'd be tempted to keep one rad... and/or swap for a (bigger) blackbird oil cooler.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CBR1100 ... 2eb663a779

if your terminals are low 120's, bin the fairing too, it won't be doing much at that speed.

for serious weight saving, use late gixxer thou K series wheels, (K7/K8) they're loads lighter.
Last edited by rob... on Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
When subjected to an electrical voltage of at least 50 volts, a cat's tail always points toward the north.
rob...

Post by rob... »

muppet, are you the bloke with the dodgy main jet from this years bulldog bash??
When subjected to an electrical voltage of at least 50 volts, a cat's tail always points toward the north.
rob...

Post by rob... »

Wicky

Post by Wicky »

removed all water cooling ,rads,pipework ,thermostat etc, bit of a gamble but the engine only runs for a short time ie. burnout + 1/4 mile run then return to pits.( less than 4 minutes running time )
:eek2 :eek2 :eek2

Cut the fairing down and live on cabbage soup/forgo Xmas dinner for essential loss over winter etc??

[youtube][/youtube]

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
rob...

Post by rob... »

ooh, now i like that!!
i was looking at my fairing yesterday thinking it might look cool cut down.... 8) 8)
klu

Post by klu »

Any chance you could post up a vid of the bike running so we can hear those cans? :thumbup:
muppet

Post by muppet »

muppet, are you the bloke with the dodg ... dog bash??

Yes Rob ,more the guy with the jet rattling round in the float bowl bloke, :lol:
rob...

Post by rob... »

didn't know if you wanted to make that public!!!... :lol: :lol:
you've met my pet dyno man then....
68 bhp with 1 main jet in the carb and 1 in the floatbowl, wasn't it?? which in itself is quite impressive....