simoncelli down at sepang

General Bike chat
Stratman

Re: simoncelli down at sepang

Post by Stratman »

RIP Marco. Very tragic and seems to have been quite horrific.
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

Kev L

Post by Kev L »

A real loss to the sport. In these days of sanitised racing and PR speak Marco was a refreshing change, both in his racing and when interviewed.
As for the bitterness early in the season regarding his riding style I think the words of Senna cover it "if you no longer go for a gap you are no longer a racing driver". Marco saw no wrong in racing for the next position and everyone knew he would fight them for every inch of track, and that is how it should be as far as I am concerned.
My thoughts go to Marco's family and friends but also to Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi. What a horrible position to be in, and I am sure a very difficult place to be mentally going into the closed season.
A very sad day for Moto GP and Gresini, whose rider Dajiro Kato was the last fatality in the series.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Auto Sol

Post by Auto Sol »

Just heard the sad news about Marco simoncelli ,thoughts are with his family & friends ,
very very sad to lose someone so young and with so much talent :sad2
Never trust Atoms they make up everything
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Tragic loss, he was a big personality and a star of the future, a very sad day.

Thoughts go out to all involved.
AMcQ
stormingjoe

Post by stormingjoe »

:cry: :( R.I.P.
1998 Firestorm, 47,000 miles, forks valved & sprung, proflex shock +4mm over standard, manual ccts', k&n, 50#slow 185#/190# mains, front carb slide mod, R6 throttle tube, Tank raised, Viper cans, Coerce fork brace, EBC lite front discs & pads.
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

Kev L wrote:A real loss to the sport. In these days of sanitised racing and PR speak Marco was a refreshing change, both in his racing and when interviewed.
As for the bitterness early in the season regarding his riding style I think the words of Senna cover it "if you no longer go for a gap you are no longer a racing driver". Marco saw no wrong in racing for the next position and everyone knew he would fight them for every inch of track, and that is how it should be as far as I am concerned.
My thoughts go to Marco's family and friends but also to Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi. What a horrible position to be in, and I am sure a very difficult place to be mentally going into the closed season.
A very sad day for Moto GP and Gresini, whose rider Dajiro Kato was the last fatality in the series.
my thoughts too - well put Kev. He'll be missed long into the future as well for what he promised to bring. RIP #58, thank you for all you brought to the sport
playerone

Post by playerone »

Tragic news indeed, he was a future champion for certain :(
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

Truly a sad loss. He had a very bright future ahead of him and a championship contender for sure. Thankyou for entertaining us over the years and thoughts are with friends and family. R.I.P.Marco

Thoughts also go out to Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi who were caught up in this tragedy.
wiltsdan

Post by wiltsdan »

rip, simo :(
No I can't spell.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

RIP Marco :!:
marksmiffy

Post by marksmiffy »

R I P Marco....You will be sorely missed in Moto GP one of the few remaining riders that could mix it up with the Repsol boys...Old school balls out racer :clap:
Know what ya mean about the loss...it's almost like it's someone close that you knew :confused