My TDM850

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
tony.mon

Re: My TDM850

Post by tony.mon »

MacV2 wrote:
alec wrote:i still need to find some bar ends that are longer so they dont fall off lol
This mainly because he has very very small hands, so can't hold 'em in & twist the throttle! :lol: :lol:

Only joking Alec, it looks really good, far better without the bullet holes!

Although I'm still suspicious that you only show it from one side! :wink:
Yep, show us the inside.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
alec

Post by alec »

oh if i must, i'll take pics tomorrow,.
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home Image
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Your TDM is looking very nice Alec, good job, well done 8) :clap:

Chris.
alec

Post by alec »

sirch345 wrote:Your TDM is looking very nice Alec, good job, well done 8) :clap:

Chris.
Cheers Chris, only a few more bits to do, find someone who can fabricate me a bash plate being the main one, :D
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home Image
Rampant Lion

Post by Rampant Lion »

alec wrote:
gilson wrote:Very smart. What's the power, handling like compare with say a GS. Seems like a great bike.

I'm thinking about a more upright sort of bike. Used to have a GS and loved it. But they are expensive.

This as well as a TRX have caught my eye as a decent Nike for the money.
they handle well and the power is great for an 850, they do burn oil though.

Looks good, but as said watch the oil level. I had one for about 2 years and loved it. I never needed to do an oil change coz I needed to top it up so often. Don't know where it went, plugs showed OK, no oily mess anywhere, just GONE. There is a good TDM website for more info. CARPE TDM I think.

I sold it to a guy from Manchester and told him about the oil. He never phoned back, so I guess he got home OK..

Good riding.. :beer:
Had: CB125. Benelli 250. Yamaha YDS7.Kawasaki Z400. Kawasaki Z650c. Kawasaki Z650B1. Kawasaki Z1300.Suzuki Bandit 1200. BMW R1100R. TDM 850 (2 off). Suzuki Bandit 1200. BMW R1100RT. Yamaha XT600.

Now: VTR 98 Storm in lovely silver....
alec

Post by alec »

Rampant Lion wrote:
alec wrote:
gilson wrote:Very smart. What's the power, handling like compare with say a GS. Seems like a great bike.

I'm thinking about a more upright sort of bike. Used to have a GS and loved it. But they are expensive.

This as well as a TRX have caught my eye as a decent Nike for the money.
they handle well and the power is great for an 850, they do burn oil though.

Looks good, but as said watch the oil level. I had one for about 2 years and loved it. I never needed to do an oil change coz I needed to top it up so often. Don't know where it went, plugs showed OK, no oily mess anywhere, just GONE. There is a good TDM website for more info. CARPE TDM I think.

I sold it to a guy from Manchester and told him about the oil. He never phoned back, so I guess he got home OK..

Good riding.. :beer:

i'm on the tdm site mate cheers, had the bike a few months now and turned it from scruffy silver and yellow to the black. :thumbup:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

My old FZR750 Genesis had an appetite for engine oil as well. No residue under the bike, no smoke from the exhaust, just needed to be topped up on a regular basis.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF